Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ broken in update.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ broken in update.

Can't wait to get a KQ myself. I'm trying to wait until the 2006s come out though. My Vinson does everything I want but the extra 200cc would be nice. I liked the Vinson because I could slide the end around at will but ever since I put 26" Mud Lites on I'm limited so I might as well get the KQ. Has anyone heard of any changes for the 06s?

Old 11-20-2004, 02:50 AM
Range Rover

Even with the winch on, in low it can be up three feet in the air maybe for a distance of 20 ft...I don't get BIG Wheelies in high just a 10 to 12 inch lift and drop, if I tugged on it hard it might stay up in high..otherwise it just drops. I've still not held her open for long periods at a time, I'll hold it open for 100 yards then let it slow down...Guess I'm not really doing it by the book, but still trying to hit a medium on the break in. I wind it up in low for some sustained time too... Not to be rude but how big of a guy are you? I'm just at 200, that might make some diff too?

Old 11-20-2004, 03:19 AM
Pro Rider

What kind and size tires are you guys running?

Old 11-20-2004, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Outrage
What kind and size tires are you guys running?
Just the stock Dunlop tires for now.

Monzooki,
I am 6'7" 240 Lbs. if you must know![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just be sure not to ask any of the women riders that question.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BigDozer66

Old 11-20-2004, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

I weigh 180 pounds. I decided to forgo the babying the King just to see if it made any difference. After suffiently warming it up I rode it around for a couple of miles and then starting giving it 50 to 75% to see what she had. Like I said...it is quick for a big quad but after hearing some of you guy's posts it makes me wonder if mine is different. Different as in slower. I have around 150 miles on the King now and did not notice any difference as the the miles accululated. One interesting thing about my KQ...the fan runs all the time. Not literally non stop but once she is warmed up and running the fan kicks in and my average riding speed is probably around 20 to 35. It isnt like I am poking around. Now with the 450r...yes after break in (4 or 5 miles)it did start opening up even more. Now with the HRC kit it is definately even better. I don't know...maybe after riding MX bikes and other faster quads it is just hard to tell.

Old 11-23-2004, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

just stock still for me...I've got a fairly new set of 26' 589's in the shed...just can't decide if I want to put somthing that heavy on it...the fun factor might be diminished a tad if they take up too much power... anyone with the 26, 27 inch tires still able to wheelie? I know it's pathatic, but I've never had a utility quad that would stand up and ride on the back tires! I'll grow out of it and put the heavy ones on at some point... snow is coming...and that motivates me towards traction. Anyone weigh the stock front and rears to see what we have for weight?

Old 11-23-2004, 01:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have 26x9x12 589s all the way around on my new KQ and in low range,it will filp you over backwards on pavement if you dont know what your doing.Traction is excellant.

Bill

Old 11-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Range Rover

I'll be putting mine on soon... good to hear I won't suffer too much!
They are the tires I've got to have on out here if I'm driving anywhere except the grass feilds. Lots of sharp rocks (shale, brittle limestone) lots of cactus...the 589's have never left me with a flat. Good traction in the dry powder snow we get up here, good for mud, and alright on trails!
And yes others have left me with flats before (had as many as 10 plugs at once in the 4 tires combined! and green slime running out of holes everywhere!), so it's just a matter of time... the 589's will be on the KQ.

Old 11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

5/10 210 .. DING (just in case anybody listens to Dan Patrick on ESPN radio)

Stock tires for me, Thinking about those AMS Swamp Fox tires. I got some for my wife's ozark cause they are cheap and damn those are nice. They remind me of Dirtdevils, very flat and they are very soft for a six ply tire. They were also lighter than the mud lites!!! at least in the 22" size.

I know in low if you hold it open you will be on your back, it feels like a turbo, it takes off then you get a rush that shoots it skyward..

Old 11-24-2004, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

Forgive me but I think it's funny you 700cc quad owners worrying about losing power. I have a Vinson with 26" Mud Lites and have plenty of power and I can't see anyone riding in any more extreme conditions than me. With an extra 200cc I wouldn't think you guys would worry about such things. Are you guys extreme mudders or something?

Quick Reply: KQ broken in update.