Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ broken in update.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ broken in update.

Well A couple hundred miles and here are my thoughts now.

It will now wheelie almost at will, very easy to be going along at 30 or so and if the traction is good, pitch the front end up!! I wish it would slide like a SRA but I guess thats the trade off for a better ride.

I still want to ride some other guys Kings, seems like there are alot of power differences between them...?? Anyway, stands up much better than my p650.

I love cranking through a field, coming over a crest of a hill and launching this like a sport quad. (heavy one at that!!) Lands much better than th Prairie does.

Top speed 72 indicated on speedo. Rev limited.

Ps races a SP700 and beat it by about 8 quadlengths in 1/4 mile. Raced a Brute, he got holeshot and pulled away by about 4 quad lenghts then I reeled him in.. Took all 1/4 mile to get him though. He also has 27 inch mud lites on his. Not bad for giving up 50 CC's and a cylinder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

All in all I think this is THE most well rounded quad out there. It may be the fastest too!!! (for 4x4s anyway)

One other thing about draging with the king quad.. Much better times if you dont punch it starting out. gradually give it throttle then give it to her... More proof that there is something the computer is reading to retard timing or adjust fuel etc.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Range Rover

I've noticed the same thing, it seems the EFI has a pause in it till around 7 to 10 mph...after that...it cuts loose! Not that it is a really big deal, I'm sure it's there to avoid people flipping it over.I put the winch and all on mine today...still wheelies fine! I'll try it out some this week and see if the third setting is hard enough to not bottom out the front with the winch, should be fine.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Thats where I set my fronts on the third for the winch . I have the back on the highest setting.

What a difference between the warn 2000 and 2500.

Old 11-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Grizzjeeper
Thats where I set my fronts on the third for the winch . I have the back on the highest setting.

What a difference between the warn 2000 and 2500.
About 500![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
J/K!

I really don't know about the Warn but would like to ask something else.

Would setting the rear higher keep it from squatting ever so slightly when accelerating?

Thanks in advance,
BigDozer66

Old 11-19-2004, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer

After hearing you guys talk about your King Quads I would swear I own a different machine. I will agree it is quick for a big 4x4 but mine just doesn't have this low end you guys are talking about. There is no way this beast will wheelie at will. Shoot...I can barely get her to stand up in Low Range. It's got a great mid range and top end though. Curious...how did you guys break your Kings in?

Old 11-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

i think the winch has the same motor and everything just a different gearing selection.

Old 11-19-2004, 02:43 AM
Range Rover

I went easy on mine for 30 miles...then started giving it short bursts to 3/4 throttle, changed oil at 50 miles, giving it short burst of full now, mine was mostly broke in driving in sand. One of the things I noticed is the KQ didn't want to wheelie much with the suspenion all the way down on soft...could it be that it makes that much difference? I never tried to hard because it was only in that first 30 miles that I had the shocks set low. Turn yours up to the third or fourth or fitth setting and see if that is all the diff for standing it up?

Old 11-19-2004, 07:09 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ran mine hard as soon as I got it.I did some short,full throttle bursts,and when the fan come on,I shut it down.Drove it this way for the first 40 miles ,than changed the oil.

Its open season now,full throttle now,anytime I want,as often as I want!

Dont baby your KQ,it'll be 7-10% slower than the ones that are broken in harder because the rings wont seal correctly.

Slow,easy break-ins are a thing of the past.

Old 11-19-2004, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Same here. How many out there can lift up the front end with no problem.

I can get the wheels 2 inches of the ground on high range. I have no winch yet. So what is the difference means.

I miss my p650....only for the wheelies!

Old 11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: WaZZup
Same here. How many out there can lift up the front end with no problem.

I can get the wheels 2 inches of the ground on high range. I have no winch yet. So what is the difference means.

I miss my p650....only for the wheelies!
The wheels coming off the ground is no problem but it has been 20+ years since I rode any wheelies![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The only things added is the Warn 2.5ci and a couple bungee cords.

BigDozer66

Quick Reply: KQ broken in update.