Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

works shocks on a quadracer

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004 | 06:29 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default works shocks on a quadracer

I understand what you are saying kdog but i plan to run some local CC races and the terrain i ride on is already tougher than the frame can handle. I managed to put 5 cracks in my original 87 frame in just 2 seasons(about 5 months per season). I'm building this bike from the ground up. I started with an 88 frame that was in mint condition. As of writing this post i have 10 gussets welded on and 12 more cut. This bike will never see the dunes or the dragstip... just harsh trails and tracks. I def. need the rezzies to keep the oil cool and the price between double and triple rate with rezzies isn't that much to even be a factor.

Old 12-10-2004 | 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

i did exactly what u want to do... triple rates with rezzies and threaded preload (for lowering it for ice racing) and the ultracross rear. i run it only on tracks, big jumps. when i first got them, they were great, smooth ride, handled landings great. then in no time, they were shot. i broke my footpeg twice jumping, from blowing through all the shocks travel. i was on a budget and went with works, but know i have to have them revalved to zps by tcs. hopefully they will do a better job. i've ran a quad with elka's also, and let me tell u, if u are going to be racing, then go with them. night and day differance to the works shocks. if u are going to play ride with the quad then works are probably going to be fine. if u have any specific questions, just PM me.

Old 12-10-2004 | 06:49 PM
|
Pro Rider

I would PM you but you seem to not have that enabled.

What weight did you get them valved for vs. your weight?

I'd love to go with elkas but right now i only have enough to $ for the works and thats not gonna change anytime soon... well maybe in a season or 2 i can upgrade either the fronts or the back to elkas..

Old 12-10-2004 | 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

hmmm, sorry about that. i don't know why my pm is not working. anyway, i weigh 210 and had them valved for 220-225lbs. if u end up getting them, u might as well have tcs work on them later down the line. i think pep does also, but they do not make them zps. they just valve them better. what type of riding are u going to be doing? i activated my pm also.

Old 12-10-2004 | 07:54 PM
|
Pro Rider

800screws,

Your fairly close to me. Have you ever been to NEPA. Specificly the scranton area? The terrain here switches from column, red ash, hard pack, gravel, cobble, and creekbed like washes. Its basically shock abuse time 2. I run alot of privately organized races on the weekends. on any given weekend when the weather is warm there at least 50 bikes out. I'm also planning to run some CC in berwick this season if i get the quad ready in time for it.

Old 12-10-2004 | 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

no, i haven't been there. only place in pa i have rode is jack frost.

Old 12-10-2004 | 09:09 PM
|
Pro Rider

jackfrost is groomed right? i've only snowboarded there

Old 12-10-2004 | 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

well, it's called traxx motorpark, but it's hardpack. sweet supercross track there.

Old 12-11-2004 | 12:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello. I live right by you Semmz in Moscow. I would go with OHLINS shocks. Great shock for the price. $650 for the fronts I think. I had WORKS but I am going to replace them with OHLINS.

Old 12-11-2004 | 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

I've got Works Triple rate remote res shocks on my 89 zilla (for sale). i dont have alot of time on them yet, but so far it seems to be and improvement over stock.

Quick Reply: works shocks on a quadracer