Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

I just saw a scrambler 500 today...

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:15 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default I just saw a scrambler 500 today...

Originally posted by: Outrage
Bing,

I noticed you have a Scrammy & a Raptor. Which do you like better and why?

My brother has a Raptor but is thinking of getting a Scrammy. He can't afford both so what do you suggest?
i actually love both bikes equally for very different reasons

they are both very fun to beat on and relieve stress

I like the monster low end of the raptor for the mt trails,,,,lots of power instantly. It is a high performance 5 speed,,,and all that goes with that.

The scrammy is fun in 4wd,,,,go anywhere feeling with still a hint of a sport feel. The auto tranny has helped Julie learn how to ride (she can concentrate on the trail and no worry about clutching/shifting, so-on),,,,the bike is really easy to operate and goes just about anywhere you point it. It has also impressed me on longevity, durability issues. It fires instantly and runs smoothly no matter what the ocassion.
The all wheel braking is another no-brain feature that actually works ok. I wish it had a better rear braking system. The bike is really stable and generally safe to a newer rider compared to a torquey 5 speed.

If he wants an all out big bore sportbike,,,,than get the rappy. If he wants a more well rounded/easier to operate sport/ute the scrambler might be better.

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks. I'm sure he'll stick with his Raptor. I'm trying to get him to switch to a 4x4 but I don't think he ever will. He lives in Kentucky and I live in Alaska. There is no way I could get by with just a 2x4 so it's 4x4 all the way. Maybe if I can get him up here to do some riding he will change his mind.

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:27 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Thanks. I'm sure he'll stick with his Raptor. I'm trying to get him to switch to a 4x4 but I don't think he ever will. He lives in Kentucky and I live in Alaska. There is no way I could get by with just a 2x4 so it's 4x4 all the way. Maybe if I can get him up here to do some riding he will change his mind.
maybe i can come up and you can convice me to buy another 4x4[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

You should have some rough stuff there in Washington, huh? Maybe the Scrammy can go anywhere the larger 700cc Utes can go?

I only rode with one on somewhat of an easy trail. Its funny as the guy was crossing the creek he tried to gun it to splash his friend and the thumb throttle broke off in the water. We couldn't find it so he turned around and had to pull on the cable to give it gas. LOL

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:41 AM
Super Quad Patrol

You should have some rough stuff there in Washington, huh? Maybe the Scrammy can go anywhere the larger 700cc Utes can go?
well,,,i would like to think so if I'm on it ,,,,but i dont think so

i really want a polaris MV,,,if i get a UTE,,thats what it will be

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

Are you crazy? You might as well get a tank. What's wrong with the KQ?

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:47 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Are you crazy? You might as well get a tank. What's wrong with the KQ?
it doesnt have dual tanks or dual winches or a re-inforced frame,,,,,and i cant pick it up with my helicopter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Now you're just being crazy.

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:53 AM
Super Quad Patrol

they may as well offer bobcat attachments for the thing

Old 12-14-2004 | 02:54 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Bing
they may as well offer bobcat attachments for the thing
i kind of wish it was a little turbo diesel.....

Quick Reply: I just saw a scrambler 500 today...