Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Decided on a new Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004 | 09:38 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Decided on a new Eiger

Well I finally decided on my new atv and it will be an Eiger auto. Just wondering how others have enjoyed their Eigers and any issues that have surfaced with them. Also what is top speed for the eiger.

Old 12-10-2004 | 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

i have one and really like it...no issues but get an inline fuel filter...top speed is about 60mph

Old 12-10-2004 | 11:16 PM
Range Rover

Great choice! I love mine. It'll take you anywhere you want to go. Like the previous post said, add an inline fuel filter. I haven't had any problems yet. Mine tops out around 53mph according to the speedo.

Old 12-10-2004 | 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats on the new ride! happy trails [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2004 | 10:47 AM
Trailblazer

Good for you! The Eiger is a great machine. Dollar for dollar I don't think there's a better quad for the money. I've had mine for 2 seasons, about 1,200 miles. You will be happy with your choice. Top end is in the low 50's. Speedometers do vary. You won't get speeding tickets with it but it's a reliable, well built quad.

Old 12-11-2004 | 01:45 PM
Range Rover

I've got 1200 miles on my 2003 Eiger. It's used mostly in mountain trail situations.........lot of snow and rocky trail work. It's used in Search and Rescue.
Other members of the "team" ride a variety of quads........660 Griz......500 AC.......350 Honda......500 and 700 Polaris........650 Kawasaki, etc.
While this is certainly not the "biggest or baddest" of the bunch, we all get to the same place at the same time. Unless all your riding is in a straight line, top end is highly overrated. My Eiger tops out at about 47 mph.........but using GPS, we've figured that an average speed in overall trail riding is around 16 mph !..........so much for worrying about top speeds.
The smaller frame size has some real advantages in tight trail situations. Riding technique and skills are far more critical than engine size.
I've had no problems with the Eiger.........regular maintenance and pre-ride checks......common sense stuff.
It gets an average of 30 mpg and has not been modified, with the exception of the addition of aluminum CV protection and heavier front and rear brush guards.
I think you will enjoy the Eiger.
We all have our favorites and there are a lot of good rigs out there. When someone asks what I think they should buy, I suggest that fit may be more important than brand...........if the quad doesn't feel right to you, its not going to make any difference who makes it........you're not going to like it.
You've got a good rig..........

Old 12-11-2004 | 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

oh mine is a manuel that i rejetted...it was lean from the factory

Old 12-11-2004 | 11:58 PM
PD
Trailblazer

Welcome,
I have an 04 Eiger, This is my first ATV also. I really like it. I have ridden others but really liked the options the Eiger has versus the others of the same size. I wanted something that was not to large as my daughters want to ride it and it is a solid midsize ATV. If not I might have been forced to buy smaller ATV's for them. This will fit the bill for all of us. I agree that top end is overrated a bit as I ride trails and use it around the property plowing snow and doing work. I recommend the inline filter the day you pick it up. I also agree that the Eiger runs a bit lean, jetting it later might be an option.

Other than that, ENJOY and Drive it like you would a rent a car....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2004 | 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

Like others said, dollar for dollar it is hard to beat. Top speed is slightly over 50 mph. Reliable machine, but suspension is pretty basic. I have about 2500 mi on my 04 and no problems. It will go anywhere the big boys go, just that on long trips the bigger machines will be more comfortable and you will have less fatigue. Also did not have a filter and had no problem there either, although a fuel filter may be a good thing anyhow.

Old 12-12-2004 | 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I bought one in 02 and I have over 3000 hard no very hard miles on it. I ride with a large variety of quads and never ever come out not being happy with my eigers peerformance. finally had to replace front wheel bearings and besides routine maintaince thats it. Most people think it is a 500cc plus quad untill you tell them different. Great choice

Quick Reply: Decided on a new Eiger