Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit

Originally posted by: ikikik
And that doesnt matter that ive just got on this site. Ive still been rding over 17yrs. So whats your point? The fact is the guy wants to know if the kits worth it. i have it and say it is. You 2 clowns dont and say its not. It doesnt make sense to me. Thats like me telling you that war isnt to bad when im sitting home watching it on abc. And your the one over seas fighting the war. Whos advice would you take?
Hmm all you have said is you have a trinity motor and you can beat anything. now wait i'm confused you have the pual turner national kit? or was your motor done by trinity?

Anyway to answer the original question! I ran a PT national ported cylinder and pipe a while ago on a lt i had. Almost the same setup as the kit except for a bigger carb(38mm) and a 1/4" read spacer. I can't tell you how much faster you will go since that depends on gearing but you will get there quicker. Also the power curve is amazingly smooth, no sudden hard hit. Makes the bike great for MX and trails.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ikikik...............First of all your too cocky being a newbie. You dont just come in here and say that you rip everything apart with your little LT. I have owned several of those bikes. They are pretty good ATV's, but far not what you are saying about them. Put the same amount of money into a 250R Honda and you have twice the bike. That is fact..........not opinion.

Shady has a lot more credibility here than it sounds like you will ever have and calling his post bull just shows your maturity level.

"Stock for stock it will beat a 250R".... by what? maybe a fender in a drag race? What the heck is stock any way? To actually find a pure stock bike down to the stock airfilter would be rare indeed. If you have anything that did not come on the bike then it isn't stock anymore.

Obviously you havent been around in the real world in the last couple of years. There are PLENTLY of fast 4-strokes in the world today and lots of them that will smoke your best LT.

I wish you could casually come across my wife on her 265R. she would show you a thing or 2 and your buddies would be laughing at you because a woman smoked you in any style of riding you would want.

Grow up some, then post like a grown person and you will earn much more respect here. until then people will take what you say for what it's really worth.....nothing.Bubba

Old 12-29-2004, 06:03 PM
Pro Rider

Bubba,

Dana is a lucky girl, those are some Killer R's. I've been thinking of doing a 265pv motor for woods/trail riding. I have a motor out of a 85 ATC that I could use.

Old 12-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ikikik
500 is a night mare to kickstart in the cold.
yea, considering mine can start in 3 kicks tops with choke on when its freezing outside, and 2 kicks in nice cool weather.......

Old 12-29-2004, 08:15 PM
Trailblazer

jrt2oo7, Yes the kit would be worth it.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Duncan has good stuff, i'd trust anything they make.

Here's my knowledge on how LT's do against everything else talked about

LT/Raptor- the raptor will get eatin, i know from racing one
LT/400EX- all most the same outcome as the raptor, i have both and know what they'll do
LT/Banshee- short run the LT would win, long run banshee, modified, the banshee will smoke everything out there
LT/Quadzilla- same as banshee, long run it's all over for the LT
LT/TRX250R-close in drag, comes down to better rider, but with everything out for a honda you'll never get an LT to touch a modified TRX, the honda also has better handling and is more comfortable.
LT/450's- don't know, but i'd say it'd be real close, but 450 would definetly outlast the LT.

ikikik, i believe that you can do burnouts without brakes if you dump oil all over the road, cause my buddy did it on his blaster without brakes

Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

the Paul turner kit would be awsome!! I myself Have Trinity motor which kicks butt but I agree they are not anywhere near Duncan. just cheaper! I raced TT for a number of years here in Northern Cal and beat them all with my 88 LT250r.(250Rs with ESR390,350,370 kits ,420 banshees,440 Cananondales,EXs,Raptors,etc) TT is race to the next corner then race to the next corner etc,THE LT gets it done. I love my LT but would rather have a Honda 250R as they have all the after market stuff for them. If they made all the stuff they make for Honda for the LT we would have another story!!! some people say the honda handles better and is more comfortable? Not for me it isnt. Iam 6'2 and after getting used to my LT I like it better then the Honda. I feel cramped on the honda,however the suspension is better on Honda. dollar for dollar LT is great quad. put that paul turner National kit on it and its gonna kick *** with the right rider behind the controls,with the wrong rider behind the controls a Blaster will beat it. all quads metioned in this thread are Great quads ! With the right rider can beat any of the quads. for instance my quad is fast put a Great rider like timm farr or shane hitt on a blaster and they will prob smoke me!!
my 02 cents
k-dog

Old 12-31-2004, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87

LT/400EX- all most the same outcome as the raptor, i have both and know what they'll do
LT/Banshee- short run the LT would win, long run banshee, modified, the banshee will smoke everything out there
LT/TRX250R-close in drag, comes down to better rider, but with everything out for a honda you'll never get an LT to touch a modified TRX, the honda also has better handling and is more comfortable.
LT/450's- don't know, but i'd say it'd be real close, but 450 would definetly outlast the LT.

ikikik, i believe that you can do burnouts without brakes if you dump oil all over the road, cause my buddy did it on his blaster without brakes
Are you talking about stock for stock, because I have not ridden an LT bu I have smoke some when I was stock with my raptor, and they weren't. And if again your talking the bikes stock, the banshee will also beat it. Same goes with the zilla, and the 450's, the R and the 400EX I bet will be a good match up.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"

Originally posted by: jrt2oo7 Also I may want to replace those works shocks? How do Ohlins sound?
Ohlins will be better than works, but there is also other good companies out there like PEP shocks, Axis, TCS and more.

Old 12-31-2004, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: YFZ660R
Originally posted by: NichelsonRacing87

Are you talking about stock for stock, because I have not ridden an LT bu I have smoke some when I was stock with my raptor, and they weren't. And if again your talking the bikes stock, the banshee will also beat it. Same goes with the zilla, and the 450's, the R and the 400EX I bet will be a good match up.
Yes stock for stock, must've been the rider on the raptor i raced cause i beat him and all my LT has is a K&N airfilter and a DG silencer(no DG head pipe)

Quick Reply: 1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit