Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2004, 12:32 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit

Hello. I just bought a 1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer with Works Shocks, and DG Nerfs for $1700 in Mint Condition. If I were to add a DRI Paul Turner National Kit to this quad, how fast would it go? Here is the link to DRI: http://www.duncanracing.com/atvprodu...x.phtml?id=226. The kit costs $1400. Is it worth it? Let me know. Also I may want to replace those works shocks? How do Ohlins sound?

Old 12-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider

I had an 87 LT for a long time. Had a 39 PWK carb, .080 overbore, Wiseco piston, Eric Gorr midrange porting and head mod, aftermarket reeds, no air box, and Paul Turner midrange pipe. It was pretty fast for a quadracer, it would beat our piped Raptor on sandhill climbs and was about even in a drag race until top end after say 400 feet. No match for the YFZ though. I would suspect you'd be running something like that with the kit you're referring to.

Old 12-29-2004, 04:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

thats bull a lt quadracer is very fast if its not rigged up. Stock vs stock it will beat a 250r both bikes will destroy a a raptor. I ride with over 30 people. Half of them race there quads and my lt smokes every last one of there bikes including banshees and quad zillas. Until we get to about 80 mph then the bashee and quadzilla pass me. If you get that complete kit done by ducan it will haul ***. Those 4 stroke quads are dogs. Never lost 1 race yet. I can smoke my tires down the street side ways past any of those new 4 stroke quads . I really mean it to. Ive smoked my tires over 30 feet down the road with no brake on at all switching gears. I also have a ninja 9r and i like rideing my lt better. I have owned over 50 bikes you name it ive had it. My choice is by far lt quadracer. The banshee is a great bike put it doesnt handle to good it feels like you have to much weight in the front the 500lt is another great bike but its too big to trail ride those 2 bikes worked will by far beat any other bike made period. You can put all the money in the world into those 4 strokes and you will still loose. ive had a worked out 400exs, banshees, 250rs, quadzillas, lts, kx 500, rm , cr 250. I rode the raptor I didnt like it, It felt like a faster version of the 400ex witch is a complete waste of money even if you spend thousands on it. If you get a nice lt for 1500 put 2000 in to it on mods it will by far smoke about any thin you come across. For overall speed, trail riding, drag raceing. Lt does it all . I smoke all my friends in trails in mud up hills down hills. AS long as you have the work done to it by professionals. Or you can spend $6,000 on one of these 4 stroke quads and put another couple grand to make them fast. id rather fly for $3,000 then spend 10,000. 2 strokes= cheap power 4-strokes = power at a huge price. Stock there nothing. its funny every year they keep putting bigger motors in them and they still are slow. They need to bring the 2 strokers back. a 250 2 storke will own those new 4 strokes all day long.

Old 12-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

I had a really worked LT250R and i think my Raptor puts out more power, alot more usable power too.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ikikik
thats bull a lt quadracer is very fast if its not rigged up. Stock vs stock it will beat a 250r both bikes will destroy a a raptor. I ride with over 30 people. Half of them race there quads and my lt smokes every last one of there bikes including banshees and quad zillas. Until we get to about 80 mph then the bashee and quadzilla pass me. If you get that complete kit done by ducan it will haul ***. Those 4 stroke quads are dogs. Never lost 1 race yet. I can smoke my tires down the street side ways past any of those new 4 stroke quads . I really mean it to. Ive smoked my tires over 30 feet down the road with no brake on at all switching gears. I also have a ninja 9r and i like rideing my lt better. I have owned over 50 bikes you name it ive had it. My choice is by far lt quadracer. The banshee is a great bike put it doesnt handle to good it feels like you have to much weight in the front the 500lt is another great bike but its too big to trail ride those 2 bikes worked will by far beat any other bike made period. You can put all the money in the world into those 4 strokes and you will still loose. ive had a worked out 400exs, banshees, 250rs, quadzillas, lts, kx 500, rm , cr 250. I rode the raptor I didnt like it, It felt like a faster version of the 400ex witch is a complete waste of money even if you spend thousands on it. If you get a nice lt for 1500 put 2000 in to it on mods it will by far smoke about any thin you come across. For overall speed, trail riding, drag raceing. Lt does it all . I smoke all my friends in trails in mud up hills down hills. AS long as you have the work done to it by professionals. Or you can spend $6,000 on one of these 4 stroke quads and put another couple grand to make them fast. id rather fly for $3,000 then spend 10,000. 2 strokes= cheap power 4-strokes = power at a huge price. Stock there nothing. its funny every year they keep putting bigger motors in them and they still are slow. They need to bring the 2 strokers back. a 250 2 storke will own those new 4 strokes all day long.
i dont believe one word of it. you burned out switching gears down the road? with NO brakes? wouldnt the front end come up?? and you said if you buy an LT for 1500, put 2000 into it that itll smoke everything you come across? yea, i wanna see it beat a mildy modified banshee

Old 12-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im talking about a fullly moded lt 250 trinty motor buddy with small holeshots on the back. Dont even talk crap my motor is worth more then your whole bike. For some one having it repainted and wow a turner pipe. Why even talk crap. As we see you have nothing on your bike. I wouldnt even put that i have a pipe on here how cares. Go put some stickers on it too.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

My lt has about all together buying it an mods 3,800 into it. Go find 1 bike for that, that can race me and win. im not saying its the fasted bike ever made but for the best bang for your buck it is by far. You' ll be lucky to find a banshee with a pipe on it for that much. I have owned quadzillas and banshee so i know how fast they are. True the banshee and quadzilla are no joke what so ever if you want to just sand drag those are the bikes to get. But if you want to mud ride trails dunes drag and have a bike not break down. lt is the way to go. Overall im saying the lt is is the best bang for your buck and over all. Im also talking about fun too. 500 is a night mare to kickstart in the cold. Banshee gets dirt in the carb you have to play with both carbs. if One carb of the bike is not running rite the bike wont run to safe its life. I ride night and day i ve seen it all. And bashee are allways breaking down. Quadzilla is a great bike but to big. unless your dune riding. I can buy any bike i want so its not a money thing. I like the lt and thinks its a great bike.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

another thing try to hang on a motor cross track with a lt or a 250r. With a banshee or quadzilla......wont happen at all. banshee feels like theres a 50lb sbag of cement sitting on the handle bars and the quadzilla is like driving a car.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ikikik
Im talking about a fullly moded lt 250 trinty motor buddy with small holeshots on the back. Dont even talk crap my motor is worth more then your whole bike. For some one having it repainted and wow a turner pipe. Why even talk crap. As we see you have nothing on your bike. I wouldnt even put that i have a pipe on here how cares. Go put some stickers on it too.
being new to this forum you really shouldn't talk chit about other makes/models of bikes. come to think of it you probaly shouldn't talk chit about bikes that are the same model as yours!

So you have a fully built trinity motor. There are many better builders out there than trinity for the LT. I don't think your motor is worth any where near ZillaRider87's bike.

Also Pual turner pipes are one of the better ones for the LT's.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

how are you going to talk crap? ive driven and owned every bike just about. Have you? And im telling that get a kit for 1300 willl make his bike fly. You dont have nothing on your bike so how can you talk crap? i have the kit and other stuff on it i know how it runs having a pipe and jet kit some cool stickers and a exposed airbox doesnt qualify you to talk. The guy asked a question i gave a reply because i have one of those kits. They work. And that doesnt matter that ive just got on this site. Ive still been rding over 17yrs. So whats your point? The fact is the guy wants to know if the kits worth it. i have it and say it is. You 2 clowns dont and say its not. It doesnt make sense to me. Thats like me telling you that war isnt to bad when im sitting home watching it on abc. And your the one over seas fighting the war. Whos advice would you take?

Quick Reply: 1987 Suzuki LT250 Quadracer w/Paul Turner National Kit