Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

disabling vinson reverse rev limter

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004 | 11:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default disabling vinson reverse rev limter

damn i wish you could put up the money where you mouth has been running, that way when i run right by you, ya will shut it.

you work for suzuki- i feel bad for you they are some of the most incopinent people i have ever delt with.

12hrs to fix---lmfao, thats why you dealers are rip offs, whats that 12hrs, include about 10 breaks, tv, sleep, and dinner????? part numbers on the bells are the same for the cv's sorry to say, you are mistaken, i got a 05 vinson cv, and 05 kq cv , same outer and inner races, and *****.

btw- i also have a cam, port and polish and valve job, not just the stuff you mentioned.

i would love to see your kq go anyware near what mine has been through, or mabey you dont have the *****?

ebc sintered metal severe duty rears- 2200mi
brakin carbon metalic ft pads- 2100mi still new looking...

fog lights my a$$. almost 200w;s of light aint no fog light buddy.

havent lost any "push pins" KQ uses em to btw.

the day you tell me that you can out proform me in every category is the day i hang my helmate up for good, and that isnt gonna be happening.

i have never overheated my vinny, never ever dont you ever tell me "a metal plate" is there because thats a line.

tell me smart one, if you are a suzuki one, then you should know every model year change that happend to the vinson from 02-05, and why the shifter was acting up, i know em all, and have a custom fabed shifter( oh and yes it took me all of about lets see??? half hour to install) mabey thats because i know my a$$ from me elbow. around bikes.

you talk of the power commander- thats a 300$ little toy just to fix a problem you suzuki should address to your customers, or do you not say anything ( all the dealers i have dealt with are dishonest, lyeing, backstabbing, theives, arrogant and so forth)

i have more custom mods on my quad then i even care to list (HID headlights for one) now put that in your pipe and smoke it.

btw- nice to see ya around 4xzuki- we really still think alike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

v581

Old 12-18-2004 | 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Damn 581. That was freakin beautiful. You are a poet!

Old 12-18-2004 | 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Vinson581
haha, i wish i could race someone with a kq, and rip em a new one with my vinny.

just tell me how do you like the first model year problems????

can't even nail it without it going cough...sputter...pop, then it goes.

it nice to see people payin over 7000$ for a quad that uses the same axles and shocks as the vinson, not to mention the same belt, and misc other parts. lets put it this way, i can sheer cv joints apart from the power, and the KQ uses the same P/N guess that 700 would break em even quicker then, am i right?

v581
Well my King doesn't have "cough, sputter, pop" when you nail the throttle.
When I nail the throttle it takes off like it was shot out of a cannon.

I have had zero problems with about 110 miles on it.

I also have a buddy that owns 2 Vinny's, one with 26" MudLites, and he just bought a King![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

He has no problem telling anyone that the King will dust the Vinny's drawers![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

BigDozer66

Old 12-18-2004 | 08:26 AM
Trailblazer

These have got to be the most interesting posts all day. I got an 05 KQ and my dad has the 05 vinny. Personally myself i like them both. My thoughts are this, push pins suck on both quads. Done lost them off both. I really enjoy the power of the KQ over the vinny not to mention the ride, the efi in cold weather just rocks, oh and not to mention the KQ's gas mileage just rocks over the vinny.. I cant stress gas mileage enough which is very important in the riding we do. However, on the other side of the coin, my dads vinny can be very fun with strait axle doing high speed trails, looks really cool in camo and it still has reverse where mine dont and its in the freakin shop..

Old 12-18-2004 | 09:33 AM
Pro Rider

im not bashing the KQ, its just when people come in and tell me how petty and slow my vinson is, it really gives me a good chuckle. i also love the fact that i cant blow right by any irs quad, because body roll, and lateral roll have major factors in riding the quad.

4xzuk, for your ride problem, i might have mentioned this in the past i dont remember. i took my shocks off and measured them eye to eye, now, i was thinking of going on over to ebay, and taking a gander at some tripple rate rezzi shocks, being i can get em cheap, if they work great, if not i just go sell em again. i figure a sport quad weights 350lb range and my vinny weighs in at about 750, or so due to all the stuff. so my thinking is to get shocks that are setup for a heavy rider then i am, or if need be get them revalved, which really isnt a whole lot of money, shocks make the all the world of difference thats why on my 400 i am gonna get +2 arms, +4 axle, and then shocks, before motor.

v581

Old 12-18-2004 | 05:10 PM
Range Rover

listen KID i dont care if you had a 1000 cc quad ..you just dont have what it takes to ride with me..i have been racing sence i was 6..so stick that in your pipe and smoke it..and i seen your video..you suck at wheelies..you just cant accept the fact that your VINNEY just isnt what my king is GET IT KING..and yes but cheese the shifter update is 12 hours..you have to split the engine in half to change it..im not talking about the shift LEVER..dum a$$,,and when your done reading this..i want you to go out side look at your LITTLE 500 VINNEY..and leave santa a note for a king quad..oh never mind you look like your 12 any way in the video..so your parents will buy you one..now go back to the first sentence in this thread of mine..YOU JUST DONT HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO RIDE WITH ME..so you should just hang up you helment up now..and buy the way..if you new anything about jetting a carb.. with your mods you say you have..a 126 main jet is not big enought ..your are way to lean..ask any one that jetted a vinson..my other buddy has a 2005 vinson and all it has is a k&n filter and clutch kit..and we put a way bigger jet than you have ..and yes his quad gets smoked from me to..and as far as one of you coment..you sound like a little spoiled bitC@h you couldnt pay my dealer enought to work on your shi*you got more money in your quad than i payed for mine..oh buy the way a$$ wipe..i payed 6299 with a winch..i got it for cost..num nuts..

Old 12-18-2004 | 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

581-On the shock issue: Like I told you before, my buddy, who also does work for ATVR, has a set of Elkas that fit (weren't made for, just fit) his Vinson that he's going to let me have-sometime. If you have any luck finding some others that fit, let me know. What was the measurement you got? I'm trying to get Billy to send me a set of some kind to test and do a review on. Oh, and keep the "guns blazing" on the Vinson front! I get a laugh everytime I read this thread.
As for you KQ guys-Great quads, hope you enjoy 'em. If I didn't like 'em, I wouldn't have made that KQ/Santa thing that's in my pic.s! They still have their problems.

Old 12-18-2004 | 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Damn, King! You snuck one in on me. Whew, this has turned into a pissin' contest! ANyway, that plate you were reffering to-are you talking about the shroud/fan bracket? I haven't really had any problem out of that. It looks like it could've been made better/lighter. What's the KQ use to support the fan? Don't start getting fu--ed up w/ me, I'm just asking a question.

Old 12-18-2004 | 06:33 PM
Range Rover

it uses the same housing as a grizz..it has no metal housing behind the radiator..its nice..when i had my vinson 3 months ago..it was a pain in the but to rinse the radiator because i like when you can put the hose in the front and watch the water and mud come out the back..you cant on the vinson because the vinson has a metal plate behind the radiator..so when i had my vinson i put spacers to pull the plate back a little..my wife has a 2005 griz.and i bought my vinson the same time she got that..and we would go riding and i just had a bunch of things that her quad that mine didnt..i go riding in pretty rough stuff.and i would always get mud or water in the belt..the vent tubes for the king are up highter and a little better protected..and i only had my vinson not even 200 miles and the paint rubbed off the belt cover..the rear brakes are way better desine..no mud getting in there.more ground clearence..(not much)much better ride after a long day (irs)the front rotors are drilled .(better in mud)and like i said before..the vinson floor boards dont have very good support under where your heals go..so thats why the pins come out real easy..the king has better support under your feet,,i like how the shifter is..no button..and its not like i ever use it but it does have (locker button),,very good on gas..the first time i took it out it sucked but now its great..must be broken in now..and very rarley do i have a stumble off the line..once you get used to it you can punch it with out having it happen..i can go on and on..but its just a opinion..i had a vinson and i liked the king better..oh and the air fliter is awsome.way up top like that..never dirty..

Old 12-18-2004 | 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info a$$hole.

you wouldnt have the ***** to ride the way i do, and how hard we ride, try keeping up with my sponsored by suzuki rm.

dealers like you are the reason for our problems you stupid fu(k.

another thing, dumb a$$- hmm its a 126, smaller then stock if you go by kehnin numbers, 126 equals out to be about a 152 when you read that in dynojet numbers.

i wouldnt want to pay a penny to a arrogant b!tch like yourself.

still glad it takes you 12 hrs to do, because thats freaking awesome, like i said before you apparently dont know your a$$ from you elbow around a bike, thats why you hire mechanics, and such, to bullsh!t the customers. i know how dealers work, the sales reps, and parts guys, you are all the same.

ONE LAST THING MA$$HOLE, YOUR PRESENCE IS POLLUTEING THE FORUMS SO MABEY YOU SHOULD BE UP OUT. i know more things about all the bikes out there in the last 6years then you could even begin to start telling me.

BTW- i have tons of people bring there bikes to me for work, ya know what there #1 complaint is

THE DEALERS ARE CROOKS WHO RIP YOU OFF, AND TRY TO RAPE YOU LIKE A MONKEY.

everyone else around here can vouge for how nice, and helpful i am, mabey you should of stayed out of a post, that you didnt need to be in, anyway why were you here?

v581

Quick Reply: disabling vinson reverse rev limter