Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Hows the Vinson in mud???

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hows the Vinson in mud???

Originally posted by: zilla603s
WTF!!!!! WHY DOES MY VINNY SUCK SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! oh well i can always trade it in 4 a better quad like the ac-400
no the 05 AC 500 they are awesome

Old 12-24-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

I have to say they look real nice. The only thing is that they are a bit heavy. They have super ground clearance but to make it a true mudder you will still have to put a set of tires on it. It's also not as fast or sporty as the Vinny but it still looks great!

Old 12-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

9/10 times you will get stuck if you have no idea as to what you are doing in the mud, body english is everything.

v581

Old 12-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Range Rover

What kind of mud are we talking here? and how deep,it all makes a difference,what kind of tires with what kind of design? are you in high gear or low,just starting out or going down thru a pit with some speed,what kind of ground clearence and tire height,just some thoughts,Imyself like the 26" Bearclaws for a all around tire here in Minn. even for snow they good for me ,someone else maybe not. just some people ride different than others.

Old 12-26-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Mud is mud right? I still like the Mud Lites because IMO they give you the best of both worlds and they are pretty light to boot.

Blueone,

From your PICs it looks like we ride in similar conditions.

Old 12-26-2004, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

i have 589s and like them, but they are too heavy, if i had to do it over again i would get 26" radial outlaws, or 25" atrs

Old 12-27-2004, 09:30 AM
Range Rover

First I forgot to mention tire pressure, Then you have some very nice pictures way up north where the Sun does not set,what a view of the Mountains! Mud can differ from different areas in the States from red clay to the mud in michigan to the green clay mix here,and so forth some mud will clean out and some will just be downright sticky,hard to clean even with 589's,the stuff in Mont. with it's smell,different soils,can make it alot of fun without a friend and a winch,I'm sorry to see in alot of pictures, in this forum.That people are not riding with helmets,it's your life and your checkbook at the hospital,it gives us a bad name,also if kids see you doing it,then they think they don't have to wear one,please ride with care and still have fun!

Old 12-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

i ditto the helmate thing, i fell off my 400 3 wks back, and hit my head right on the ground, i was fine, but i know for sure that my helmate was the #1 reason why.

v581

Old 12-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlueOne
What kind of mud are we talking here? and how deep,it all makes a difference,what kind of tires with what kind of design? are you in high gear or low,just starting out or going down thru a pit with some speed,what kind of ground clearence and tire height,just some thoughts,Imyself like the 26" Bearclaws for a all around tire here in Minn. even for snow they good for me ,someone else maybe not. just some people ride different than others.

well the mud would be under the fenders but over the tires at the most. And im still not sure on what tires i was thinkin the 589's cause in the rocky mountain catalog it said they are for mud and hard surfaces. Which is mostly what id ride (Dirt trails and road and loose gravel)

Old 01-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey vinson 581.... I'm also in Orange County. My Vinson (auto) is stuck in park..... any ideas ????

Quick Reply: Hows the Vinson in mud???