Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Why Is My New Eiger Hesitating In Reverse???

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Is My New Eiger Hesitating In Reverse???

ya its not as bad in the summer, also, if you have it in high or low and floor thew throttle it wont move for like 3 or 4 seconds!! iz this normal??? otherwise its great

Old 12-28-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

also i just ordered a stage 1 jet kit and a slip on HMF pipe if any1 cares

Old 12-29-2004, 01:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I was just going off the symptoms.
7QuadSport7, said it got better with using the choke, (actually enrichener), and seems logical that it was too lean. It could be the rev limiter, but because he said it was hesitating,...that doesnt sound like the rev limiter.
7QuadSport7, Im interested....let us know how it goes. Did going richer on the mixture screw help things out? Keep track of how far you turned it, in case this isnt the solution, you can put it back where it was.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Range Rover

As far as the hestitation, mine does that when it is COLD , once warmed up , no problem. BTW where did you order pipe and stage 1 jet kit from, how much $$

Old 12-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Trailblazer

Trust me guys 1.5 to 2 turns out on the air/fuel mixture screw on any Eiger helps a ton. Eigers come stock with a 122 jet, I put a 126 jet in and the difference is large. I just out a 60" plow on and it is -15C and the thing runs great! With stock set-up it ran like crap in the cold period. For $3 for the jet you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work come on up to Canada and give me a slap in the ear.lol(bring your wheeler and go for ride with me too).

Old 12-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Trailblazer

What is the overall effect of the Jet change? Does that jet pass more fuel? High end, Low end, etc.
If it gets rid of the cold weather warm up problem that would be good, but I would not want to create other issues.
Also interested to know how long it took to change.
thanks

Old 12-30-2004, 01:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sullivad, check out this site. look at figure #7, it shows which range each jet operates over. The pilot and if the choke is pulled, the starter jet, operate at all throttle settings. But because they are so small, they dont contribute very much after 1/2 throttle. Going one up on the pilot jet, will have almost no noticable effect at bigger throttle openings. Its gonna really help for the idle and off idle areas. It should really help the cold motor starting, and the hesitation going on throttle.
figure #7
heres a good site for lean and rich symptoms, and how to jet for them.
jetting

Old 01-21-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

7QuadSport7, Im interested....let us know how it goes. Did going richer on the mixture screw help things out? Keep track of how far you turned it, in case this isnt the solution, you can put it back where it was

I have a jet kit but i dont have it ON right now, the pipe really helps with the hesitation alot, hardly feel it anymore

Old 01-21-2005, 11:46 PM
Pro Rider

Yeh its deffinatley the reverse speed limiter. Almost all quads have that. If you have overdrive, i heard that, that button disables the speed limiter.

Old 01-22-2005, 12:10 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the website hondabuster, I'm putting in a dynojet kit in the morning, this really helps![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Why Is My New Eiger Hesitating In Reverse???