Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Opinions on color choices for my LT needed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on color choices for my LT needed...

Alrite well i have been researching for a long time on which colors i wanted by looking at basically every LT on the internet, and other quads with a blue/silver color schemes. Here's what im doing....

Blue ( trying to find a color that looks like candy blue, cause its too expensive ) - Frame, lower a arms, hubs, all pieces that bolt on the swingarm ( chain adjusters, sprocket mounts, etc ), footpegs, front brake calipers, handlebar mounts,

Silver ( either a metallic silver or chrome colored ) - swingarm, shock linkage, nerf bars, grab bar, rear brake caliper, axle, upper a arms, steering knuckles, tie rods, front bumper, levers, brake resivoirs, brake pedal and shifter,

Pieces i dont know about - Steering stem ( probably silver ), front brake disc guards and ball joints/tie rod ends ( no clue what color ),

Engine (what i really want opinions on.. ) - thinking about doing the cases and cylinder in silver, and doing the case covers, head, powervalve cover, etc in blue...what ya'll think??

Any thing i forgot??
Heres some pics on where i got most of my ideas...Minus all the chrome on most of them....

Engine idea and color of blue.

Swingarm and again color of blue.

001-swing arm, 002-front end, also the blue.

Well i hope you all can take time to give me your opinions...and also im pretty sure all those blue's are candy blue, and i cant really afford that so hopefully i can get some opinions on the color, and what to paint each piece. Im definitely going for the attention to detail...Thanks

Old 12-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

hey, that last link is an index of my pics
Zig

actually my frame is the same color of the eastcoast atv machine.....they powdercoated my frame for me. Candy Blue

Old 12-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

ah yes you are right, i hope you dont care that i used the pics, but it is basically what i am going to be copying from. I thought the color was candy blue, thats the color i would dream for, but its too expensive for me. I think i remember 800screws saying his swingarm and bottom a arms are translucent blue...if thats true, hopefully that color is cheaper than the candy because i really like that blue.

800screws' quad...

Old 12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah that looks awesome.... The frame should cost you no more then 200-300 and the parts will vary from 10- 40 dollars each if you did them in candy

Old 12-30-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

well im not gettin it powdercoated, but even with regular paint its expensive...I reallllly want to get it powdercoated but i ended up puttin more money into suspension than i expected. Also, i can get it sandblasted and painted for free, the only thing i have to pay is the paint, so i just figured we would put about 20 coats of paint of it. haha.

Old 12-30-2004, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

You could probaly have a nice custom color made up for ya at a paint supplier,i paid around 240 for my house of kolor candy paint,(the base,the candy,the clears and everything). im in the middle of restoring my 91 lt, im going with a black frame,chrome a arms extended,silver plastic with a silver and black flamed seat, the engine ive been polishing the whole thing piece by piece, with the black hood. painted engines look good also, i would polish the outter covers and paint the innner cases and polish the jug. Thats just me,im sure your quad will look great either way you go because you are actually thinking it through before jumping into it. good luck with it............ take care

Old 12-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

well i did think about polishing some of the engine, but i heard its a lot of work, and that its a lot of upkeep to keep it lookin good.

Old 12-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover

its a little elbow grease but the out come to me is worth the effort, up keep is not too bad but i like to clean my bike and polish it after i ride anyhow,i guess im just used to maintaining polished parts. either way you go from the sounds of it ,its gonna look great man.i like to see people doing the lt's some justice. what color plastics are you going with? you can get good ideas on colors from cars,look at the new cars coming out,ive seen some nice shades. post up some pics when it you get it started.

Old 12-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

it has the 'ol yeller maiers on it, with a blue Ceet seat, and Maier blue front hood. It has been started for awhile but the pics arent developed yet...i will have tons of pics though. What all is exactly involved in polishing??

Old 12-31-2004, 02:31 AM
Range Rover

well its a fairly simple concept, what youre ultimately trying to do is get your aluminum parts as smooth as you can, youll need paint stripper, aluminum polish ( i use mothers but its up to you) sand papers-400 grit for real rough surfaces and casting marks (jug)-600 grit for the next step-800-1500-2000 wet sand.each grit will take down what the last grit left behind . once you get to the 2000 wet sand it will almost look polished already, then you use the polish and bring out the shine real nice. there's a few ways to polish aluminum ie buffing wheels,jewelers rouge,ectect....just find a scrap piece of aluminum and try it,thats all i did, once you see how easy it is,youll want to do all your aluminum .if its something you want to do, pm me and ill give ya some detailed ways to do it,or do a search on polishing aluminum there's probaly 300 sites that have info on it.later

Quick Reply: Opinions on color choices for my LT needed...