Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Starting King Quad

where is Mora, down here in Rochester?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:10 PM
Range Rover

Mora is about 30 miles north of Cambridge,right on hwy 65.I tried pushing the throttle 1/8 open yesterday during startup and it seemed to help,I'll have to try it again and see if it helps again?

Old 01-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Trailblazer

Start up for cold weather with a little bit of throttle. Also put in synthetic oil 0w-40 and you will see a difference. I am getting the hang of it now and it starts well, just takes practice. After it starts it idles perfectly.

Old 01-04-2005, 03:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

I really like the Bear claws so far. I needed a 6 ply tire and after looking at a few brands I decided to try them. I've had the 25" on my Vinson for two years and they work great. For a all purpose tire I think they are one of the better ones. In mud they clean well but the 25" lack the tread depth that mud tires have so at times can plug up with really stick mud or clay. The 26" on the KQ have a much more agressive lug and seem to really bite. As for handling they feel like the stock rubber. What I didn't want was a tire that due to the tread pattern or agreesiveness of the lug affected handling. I tried a friend's Grizz with the 589 and and you could feel them. They run good in the snow and gravel and handle well at high speeds. Remember this tire is for all sorts of riding conditions and not designed of just one purpose. I like them because where we ride you can have rocks, mud, muskeg, sand and even snow all in the same day. The Bear claws work very well for these kind of changing conditions. As for price the are about the same same the Mud Lites as I was seriously looking at those as well.

Old 01-04-2005, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

Cold Starting Problems? Give this a try: Turn on the key and let the fuel pump pressurize then turn it over only 3 revs or so. Shut the key off and turn it back on letting the fuel pump pressurize again then hit the start button. Bet it fires right up.

Old 01-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

Tried the idea of turning key on then shutting of once pressurized the second time and maybe thats why it fired up easier. Actually I did it three times in a row because I had the same idea about maybe once pressured up it might fire easier.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Trailblazer

I think turning it over a few times after the key is switched on the 1st time helps serve as a "primer". Repressurizing it with a 2nd turn of the key seems to give it the tickle it needs............

Old 02-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

To all 700 KQ owners, better get to dealers to find out what is really wrong with 700s. Mine will not start below -o c. 32 f they are now changing complete wiring harness. I hope this works, but I don't think it will. The reason the batteries are felling is the compretion is too much for one cylinder. There is 15 KQ in my area with the same cold starting problems. You can bet that any 700 KQ with 1000 km or 600 miles will start having cold start problems and that will also include 08 750 KQ. As for the guy who thinks they can pull start a 700, hats off to you because you are the only one that can.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BORN TO ATV

As for the guy who thinks they can pull start a 700, hats off to you because you are the only one that can.</end quote></div>

I'm not the original who said he can pull start it in two pulls but I did try it too on my 2007 700 (new with 200 miles).
On my first pull, I revved up and gave one heck of a yank and almost hurt myself. Luckily I was with a group of experienced guys who told me just pull it firm and not yank. No wind up, just get the slack out of it.
It had a bit of compression but that was the trick. No wind up and a firm even pull. It wasn't too hard and started right up. (save your energy & make sure the key is on)

It was on a 20 degree day and on a lunch break. Had about 30 minutes to cool down before I tried to pull it. Good luck trying it.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guy's and gal's it took 8 yrs. for Chevy , Ford and Chryler to get the bug's out on the EFI system to profection , Polaris Yahama ans Suzuki and Kawasaki and now Honda ; to get it right and i know this reply doesn't help you feel better but they didn't profect it before they started putting an old technogy onto motorcycles and ATV's !

So you can will have to keep on the Dealership , who in turn get onto the manufacturer to fit ; it's just a fact of life that will get fix some are already there and new others will get it too !............

Quick Reply: Cold Starting King Quad