Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

makes me mad.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default makes me mad.......

Just got back from riding....After jumping a small ramp, Noticed yet another peice of frame broke into 2. I got about 3 or 2 1/2 feet of air. It broke just behind the bumper on my ozark. My ozark is bent all over... The seat is kinda hard to take off/on since i was going up a hill and didnt make it, hit a tree w/ rear rack. Plastick is all bent and screws are breaking off because of frame. I dont think i ride it hard, well maybe for a 250 i do but i think the problem is is that i am 150lbs and took it off the jump.......I have to wait 16months til i can get my Vinson and it hurts so bad XD

Old 01-17-2005, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

dont feel bad. i broke the frame in critical areas on my vinson, and this is a 6600$ bike when i got it new, 1st one dealer had. then add up the fact i dumped another 3000$ into it, almost 10000 in my frame is breaking, suzuki wont stand behind it. i welded it and gusseted it, so far so good. however i never hit a tree tho, actually one of my friends did but at about 3 mph, and he did more damage to the tree then my bumper, didnt get scratched.

as far as jumping, i can get 35 ft long, and about 6ft high on my vinny, lands rough, and i wouldnt do that after knowing what i do now.

Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

After reading your stories it makes me think that I should stop jumping my Vinny. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

One thought comes to mind...... Sport Quad.

Every machine has it's use. Utility Quad's are tanks, They are designed to work, not to jump.

If you want to jump, you get a sport quad.

Any time you take a machine (or anything else for that matter) and push it to limites it was never designed to face, something's got to give.

If you take all that money you spend fixing the utility, you could buy a sport quad, and have both work and play.

Just a thought...

-ThaChad

Old 01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

although what u said is true chad utilities can get air its just how much u get when i get my vinny im just going to pop up the front end high and maybe a littlle all around action

Old 01-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Living and riding here in Alaska a sport quad wouldn't last one mile. If you don't have ground clearance or four wheel drive you might as well not even have a machine.

I want the best of both worlds is that to much to ask? LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThaChad
One thought comes to mind...... Sport Quad.

Every machine has it's use. Utility Quad's are tanks, They are designed to work, not to jump.

If you want to jump, you get a sport quad.

Any time you take a machine (or anything else for that matter) and push it to limites it was never designed to face, something's got to give.

If you take all that money you spend fixing the utility, you could buy a sport quad, and have both work and play.

Just a thought...

-ThaChad

i agree but he has that dirtbike too im sure he can jump that

Old 01-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

my frame problems were due to POOR QUALITY AND WORKMANSHIP, 2003+ vinnys have no known problems.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider

That's good news! I guess I'm going to continue to jump mine until I run into problems. Now if I can just get my engine rebuilt.

Old 01-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider

I went off a ramp with my eiger and thats the last time ill ever go off a big one again

when i landed it landed so hard i bounced off the back and landed on my ack in the dirt

Quick Reply: makes me mad.......