Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Attn: Eiger owners - need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005 | 09:48 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Attn: Eiger owners - need help

I just bought my 1st quad after 15 years of wanting one. I bought a 2003 Eiger 4x4 automatic. I need help with a couple of things.
1. I need a new front brushguard. Mine is busted. I have looked for the part under the Suzuki online microfisch but cannot find it. Would anyone know the part number or know were I should look to purchase one online?
2. Other than change the oil, what else should I do to make sure it is ready to go?
3. I want to put some new tires on it . . . something similar to the stock tires. Not too expensive but quality. Any suggestions?

Thanks for all of the help. I'm learning as I go. You can't be an expert in everything [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Swampchicken

Old 01-20-2005 | 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

i would go for the 25 inch Mudlites from ITP...they seem like a good all around tire....put an inline fuel filter on it to stop crud from going into your carb...other than that...get out there and ride [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2005 | 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

ya have fun, eigers are not high maintence, just check it over and ride!!!

Old 01-21-2005 | 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

Get an hour meter at a tool shop (they have them for riding lawnmowers and such). One wire around the spark plug wire and the other wire grounded, then attach the meter underneath the seat so you can tell how many hours are on the motor for your maintenance intervals. Get a winch. Then beat the hell out of the eiger. Late.

joe.

Old 01-21-2005 | 06:18 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Can you guys tell me how much oil the Eiger holds when a change is needed?

Swampchicken

Old 01-21-2005 | 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I think I remember using almost 3.5 quarts. I used castrol synthetic blend (or Valvoline syn blend, I can't remember)

Old 01-21-2005 | 10:53 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

What is the best way you found to remove the old oil filter?
I really appreciate all of the info and help you guys are giving me.
Its nice to know that you are willing to help some new guys get into the sport.

Old 01-21-2005 | 11:02 PM
Pro Rider

Its nice to have some people with since like you join our family, someone that will respect the sport and not be a jackass everytime they hop on there quads, i have a friend named Justin, has a 400ex, coolest and calmst guy ud ever know and as soon as he gets on his quad he roost evryone and cuts people off and were about to smack him when we get back

anyways, good luck and sorry but dunno where he oil filter is never had to change it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-22-2005 | 08:37 AM
Pro Rider

on the left front side behind the tire...take off that black plastic...then you'll have access to the filter...when replacing...i would get a K&N oil filter as it has a 17mm nut on the top of it so you can use a wrench to get it off easier

Old 01-22-2005 | 12:28 PM
Range Rover

Getting the factory filter off was a pain for me. I couldn't get a wrench in there, so I wrapped an old belt around it and pulled it.

Quick Reply: Attn: Eiger owners - need help