Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

legally ride on roads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legally ride on roads?

well i will say yes and no.

me and my friend we paradeing all over the streets of monroe, chester, and everware. near the occ area. we started at 4pm, ended at 2am. we saw state cops, town ones and they just waived. i was like holy cr@p were mint! go to pick up friend because she wanted to try driving a atv, but then decided just to go on the back with me. we passed another cop, 2 of us on the quad and again he waived. well my friend got a flat tire, in the shop rite parking lot, so i said hey lets go get air at the gas station (free) , big mistake! boy we couldnt have been there for 5mins and a cop pulled up (around 12:00am) and gave me and my friend a big spiel. he saw my licence plate- i am damn sure that it made us keep our quads, because he was annoyed up untill the point he realized i was registured and insured. my friend just told him he got a flat, and just bought the bike, so he was like ok, basically he just said dont come back here, and then we rode for another hour or so other roads, where there are never any cops.

basically dont ride in the towns, keep to the back roads.

however the cop seemed to be checking my quad out, and i though took a few ganders at my HMF, ah mods make people happy...

v581

Old 01-24-2005, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

a cop was riding his grizzly around with us the other. they dont mind. even if they did they couldnt catch you in the snow.

Old 01-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

I was riding around my town street for a couple hours...the first cop who saw me just told me to go home. No big deal but I'd thought I'd just get the wave, the streets were too bad for cars anyway. I'm too much of a wuss to try to outrun them...besides I'm the only one in my town (which has no trails to duck into) with a quad and it'd be pretty easy to follow my tracks and just meet me at my house.

I'm itching for the weekend...going upstate NY where I'll have 100 acres and a big frozen lake to play on for 3 full days.

now that you got me going....no reason not to allow these things to be street legal...I'm already registered and insured...just add a horn and turn signals and the thing should be fine...oh well.

later

Old 01-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

same here, i have full insurance, and registration, **** i will put a horn and blinkers ok!.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

there usually has to be more than 8-10 complaints before they really start to crack down on you

Old 01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
same here, i have full insurance, and registration, **** i will put a horn and blinkers ok!.
i'm going to try it this summer, my stepdad who knows just about everything about the vehicle code in PA said that if you have everything a motorcycle has you could most likely get it legal for the road, afterall there are 3 wheels motorcycles, why not have a quad legal, it can't be too hard.

Old 01-24-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

i want to cry when i pay for regi and ins, and get nothing in return, just please let me ride the streets i promise to be a good little atv man.......when im not on the 400ex of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

v581

Old 01-24-2005, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Vinson581
i want to cry when i pay for regi and ins, and get nothing in return, just please let me ride the streets i promise to be a good little atv man.......when im not on the 400ex of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

v581
lol me too, i better invest in a 4wd, it's kinda hard to be good on any sport quad, i'm pretty wild on a utility, so i guess it really don't matter

nichelsonracing87

Old 01-24-2005, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

Well i had 4-5 co,mplaints from me riding down my backroads and they said the next time they have to come out her ei can be taken o the juvinile lockup, but i think there *** of ****

Old 01-24-2005, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

NichelsonRacing87

You gotta post some pics of that jacked up Chevy...sounds bad*ss.

Quick Reply: legally ride on roads?