legally ride on roads?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default legally ride on roads?

Originally posted by: OffRder15
NichelsonRacing87

You gotta post some pics of that jacked up Chevy...sounds bad*ss.
Yea, I wanna see it.

Old 01-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pendejo
Originally posted by: OffRder15
NichelsonRacing87

You gotta post some pics of that jacked up Chevy...sounds bad*ss.
Yea, I wanna see it.
i'll get them one day this week lol, yeah it is bad*ss, it gloss black with clear coating, and tons of chrome, it blinds me to look at it in the summer time with the sun shining, i also got a blue neon light inside that lights up the whole cab, and a trucker's Cobra cb so i can find out where the popo's are at lmao lol, it's only clocked for 85 but i've had the speedo wrapped around and it goes like a tank, all 4 wheels turn at the same time, i can do burnouts easy, the 36" super swampers have no effect on that 383 stroker. and it's not just the 383 kit in it, it's modified and pushing between 500-600 horses, just slow on acceleration cause of the 4.56 gears.

i'll try to get some pics up this week of it and my car and some of the 400ex, i popped a tire last week, but it's not too bad so i'm taking it to a tire shop to get it vulcanized or something like that so i don't have to replace it yet, cause when i do i'm getting 40" Boggers for it, and i've got a 3" body lift i'm installing to make those 40's fit with no problem, that'll be summertime work though, and i'm only getting 6 or 7 miles to the gallon, damn thing is a GAS HOG.

later guys

Old 01-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

about the snow..

when the roads are covered with snow, the cops usually wont bother you. In my town when the roads are covered, u see at least a quad or snowmobile every 5 minutes or less goin down the road. We passed a few cops they dont care. but like in the summer or w\e they get really pissed off.

and i got a question for anyone who could answer this. If you have a liscense plate on the back of your quad and u outrun a cop, dont they have like chase cameras in the front of their car? wont it catch your plate and then they could run the numbers? does that work?

Old 01-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: CHEWBACCA
about the snow..

when the roads are covered with snow, the cops usually wont bother you. In my town when the roads are covered, u see at least a quad or snowmobile every 5 minutes or less goin down the road. We passed a few cops they dont care. but like in the summer or w\e they get really pissed off.

and i got a question for anyone who could answer this. If you have a liscense plate on the back of your quad and u outrun a cop, dont they have like chase cameras in the front of their car? wont it catch your plate and then they could run the numbers? does that work?
There is a possibility that, that scenerio can be played out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Best thing to do is not ride illegally and IF you do and get caught, take the responsibility of your wrong doings. Shows responsibility, respect and chances are, you might just be told to walk it home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Been there and done that for many riders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

dude i know cops try to scare u, especially someone around my age( im 16). Like one cop he was like, is this quad registered and insured and i was like umm idk(of course i knew it wasnt, but that was before i got it registered) and hes like umm ok u know youre not supposed to be ridin on the roads im gonna have to call a tow truck and get it towed. then like a minute later i was like can i bring it home if i take the trails? and he was like HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ok if you go slow and take the trails ill let u go. the other guy was a D.E.C. dude and he got out of his truck screaming at us. then he was like get the hell out of here!!!! then the other dude was like im gonna have to give u 5 or 6 tickets next time and theyre all gonna be 100 dollars each. then when i got caught again some cop came to my house and talked to me for like an hour

Old 01-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Atomic im glad I dont live there, we dont have any legal riding areas where I live unless you belong to one of the clubs, which I dont anymore for reasons I wont go into, but if you are riding and are ins. and reg. they really dont bother you. I wish N.Y state would make an ohv park close by in the ADIRONDACK MNTS. Why not they have snowmobile trails.? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

A cop told me and my freind as long as we ride on the side of the road we wouldn't write a ticket.The thing is i am only 12 so im lucky he didn't call my parents.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

lol i know it's very stupid to run from them, but if you get away it sure beats getting caught, and i don't have my 250R registered and if i did i wouldn't have the license plate on it, that's really dumb to keep the plate on there where they can run a check on it.....lmao, like i said before i ran from 4 different state cops, and plenty of park rangers, they are fun to run from only if you got a trail going through the woods you can hit, i DO NOT recommend running from them, i DO but that's besides the point, no one should take ideas from me about things like this, i run from them because it's great to have them chasing after you with the lights and siren on, but if you get caught you're screwed, i don't want to set a bad example, it's just something i do for fun