Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Elka's or Works

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elka's or Works

LTZevil400....who did u have revalve your rear shock?

Old 02-03-2005, 07:27 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elka's or Works

There is a guy out here that is a genius when it comes to suspension set-ups. I can give you his company info when I get home if you like.............

Old 02-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elka's or Works

Originally posted by: maddog56
Let me help, in this case the expensive ones are better...

Works is great for trail riding, but if you are going to compete or run mx then I would go with something better. But why spend that kind of money on elkas when you can get pep, axis or ohlins for not much more.
yep, PEP, TCS, and AXIS are top of the line shocks, Ohlins and Elka are around the same price, original Works are mostly for recreation, but now they got the Black Widows to be competitive with Elka

Old 02-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Trailblazer
Default Elka's or Works

yea, thatd be great, thanks

Old 02-04-2005, 12:00 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Elka's or Works

miggss, you have a PM...........

Old 02-04-2005, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elka's or Works

how much money u truely want to dish out? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default Elka's or Works

I've got the dual rate elka's on both ends of my zilla
and I would highly recommend them for all types of
riding. The guys up at elka did a great job of dialing
them in for me. The only draw back was they sat a
little lower (preload) but they handle sweet.

Old 02-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Elka's or Works

I have a set of works now and have out ridin them in a year, they were great at first and did improve my riding but I was really looking for something that would last, but you get what you pay for.....

As far as Elka goes:
I e-mailed Elka with a couple of questions on there Elites, it took them 2 e-mails to finally reply, sure enough they did'nt answer any of my questions, they just gave me a sales pitch and a link to one of there test videos. With them sending me a link to there test video, that just told me the people working for Elka have no seat time what so ever. If i am going to spend 1600 bucks on a pair of shocks I want to know about everything.
So I asked the same questions to TCS and sure enough they replied to me the same day with all the questions answered and ended up being very concerned with what I wanted out of a pair of shocks. I can greatfully say my rear shock is with TCS now being rebuilt and a new set of fronts is being built also. It was very comforting to know that the the guys selling and building these shocks own and ride ATVs, Plus with TCS being in the U.S. it will not take a month to get them re-valved if I ever need them to be.

IMO: elka is over rated cause they have the money to advertise and advertising is what sells, not the product it self.

Just my .02 on a high dollor purchase

Old 02-05-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elka's or Works

Originally posted by: FsT4WrD
I have a set of works now and have out ridin them in a year, they were great at first and did improve my riding but I was really looking for something that would last, but you get what you pay for.....

As far as Elka goes:
I e-mailed Elka with a couple of questions on there Elites, it took them 2 e-mails to finally reply, sure enough they did'nt answer any of my questions, they just gave me a sales pitch and a link to one of there test videos. With them sending me a link to there test video, that just told me the people working for Elka have no seat time what so ever. If i am going to spend 1600 bucks on a pair of shocks I want to know about everything.
So I asked the same questions to TCS and sure enough they replied to me the same day with all the questions answered and ended up being very concerned with what I wanted out of a pair of shocks. I can greatfully say my rear shock is with TCS now being rebuilt and a new set of fronts is being built also. It was very comforting to know that the the guys selling and building these shocks own and ride ATVs, Plus with TCS being in the U.S. it will not take a month to get them re-valved if I ever need them to be.

IMO: elka is over rated cause they have the money to advertise and advertising is what sells, not the product it self.

Just my .02 on a high dollor purchase
i 100% agree, elka has the money to advertise and the money to sponsor pro racers, which when people see pro racers using them, they automatically think they are top of the line shocks, my buddy used to run PEP and TCS on his built 440ex until elka sponsered him and now he is using elkas, but he said the only reason he switched is because of the sponsoring reason.

Old 02-05-2005, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Elka's or Works

hey fst4wrd, just curious, but how much is your rear shock going to cost to get it rebuilt from TCS?

Quick Reply: Elka's or Works