Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

NO WARRANTY for KingQuad after 6-M0

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO WARRANTY for KingQuad after 6-M0

Copied from other site.....

well again I called the Suzuki Motorcycle company, and they said again , as of today..There is NO WARRANTY for their customers on the KingQuad Reverse failure if (When) it goes out !!!..So unless somthing causes them to change their stupid thinking...... we all will be FORCED to buy their overpriced extended warranty...what a crap company...!!!!!

Old 02-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have added this petition to "The News" section of my website. Its the best I can do to help get the word out, I hope it helps.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

This is only if you do not get the flash...

I have called them three times over the information thats floating around here, seems some of it is not so accurate. They can also note anything you want them to in your account. The simple fact is they cannot deny you a fix after they have admitted a problem. Follow the rules and you will be safe. It would be highly unlawful for them to use this as a way for people to get extended warrenties.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Range Rover

Great! if they are going to cover reverse beyond the 6 months, then all they have to do is send a letter stateing so, and inform their customer service reps that they will be covering the problem beyond the limited warrenty offered!
I don't know about the rest of you, but that would seem reasonable to me! I'd be pretty happy with waiting for and working on fixes, if they were going to cover us...and not just under the extended, but beyond the 6 month.
I think the extended is still a good idea on a first year quad, new ECM's and such are spendy out of the wallet! So far the KQ seems to not eat up the wallet in parts, other then reverse, I think the only things I've heard of are bent rims, and 1 bent tie rod...not bad in my opinion.

I still want them to legally obligate themselves to the reverse issue. Until they do, I don't know that it would be smart to "call off the dogs" so to speak. One guy on the phone saying yes or no, or even several ...has no legal effect for any of us, I think if it was a 20 or 50 dollar item no one would care...this is 2500 bucks to fix! We need them to reasure us in writting that they are going to cover their problem.

Buy the way this is a great quad!

Old 02-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Grizzjeeper............where and when has Suzuki admitted to having a problem? If you read their "update" (RECALL!) letter, they say the problem is with the operator, not the machine. The Suzuki corporate lawyers very carefully crafted that letter.

Old 02-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to reality...

Unless a company issues a recall dont expect any out-of-warranty work to be done for free. No other import atv maker offers more than a 6 month warranty on thier machines unless there is a promotion or you pay for it.

Raptor transmissions and one ways, yfz engines and decomp plugs, z400 swingarms and frames, vinson frames, etc.