Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z250 Alba Pipe Install and Outcome.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 04:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z250 Alba Pipe Install and Outcome.

and my accent of course!

Old 02-07-2005, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

but of course, mate!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

First of all, if you are looking for as quiet as possible you do not want the alba pipe. It deepens the tone substantially and sounds grea t in my opinion, but is much louder than stock. As far as as the jetting goes the 134 is what is needed to run at near sea-level ( I am at about 200ft) with the pipe and NO air-box lid. I put the pipe and K&N on at the same time so I can't say which one made more of a dirrerence but I can tell you they work great together. Now with the ALBA specs, if you think about it, they are giving the same advice to me at 200' as they are to the next guy in Denver 5500'. The jetting guide was also way off for my 400 when I bought that pipe. There reccomendations are very general and for everyone, you gotta do alot of the work yourself. No to mention this jet works great here now in northern Ohio where the temp is about 20F (Very Dense Air) When I am at the dunes at 90F in July (Thinner Air) I may have to jet down a size or 2 for optimal performance. The needle is 2 3/4 from all the way in, and the K&N filter is much different than those UNI-Air filters and such; which are no better than stock. Any other questions feel fee to ask.

Old 02-08-2005, 05:32 AM
Range Rover

Not sure its worth the hassle then?

Old 02-10-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I got UNI filter, airbox lid removed and spark arrester/baffle removed. I'm running a 148 main, clip in 3rd position on needle and 2.5 turns on the pilot. It seems to run great, but I havn't done any plug checks yet. I just road it up and down the road a couple times. It seems like I have a lot more top end. Not much of a difference on bottom. 1stwarrior, I hear what your saying about the rev. limiter thing. I never really even noticed it before, but now I can hit it in all gears.

Old 02-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer

this is a great thread. 1stwarrior, you are talking about your girls 250, then mentioned you have the 400. I also have the z400, '05 and have been loving it. I saw on another thread that the alba pipe is one of the best and want to make sure that you are saying that you have the alba pipe on your bike. Same great results as the 250?? It seems to be a great price on their website, K&N, outerwear, jet kit, and alba pipe for 460 i think. Also how hard was it to jet that thing, my roomate got his jetted at the shop, but i would like to try and do it myself. Any and all info appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-19-2005, 08:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Rookie, It looks like you will be riding mostly in the desert, therefore I think the Alba Pipe would be great. I do have a z-400 with the Alba pipe on it (look at my profile). I bought the pipe for the 250 only because the results from the 400 install exceeded all of my expectations. On the 400 I am running a 160 main jet, the pilot jet that Alba supplies, the clip on the last groove, and the fuel screw 3 turns out. As far as jetting it yourself, I say go for it; the directions and pics that alba supplies are great and the only tools you really need are allen wrenches, 1 standard and 1 phillips head screw driver. One thing I would reccomend is going to the local Wall-Wart or Big-Lots to buy a cheap set of phillips head drivers because the Brass Float Bowl screws on the carb are very soft, and can strip easily if you don't push hard with the perfect size screw-driver. Alba does not sell the pipe I have any more, but the one they do sell is even better. I would buy the quiet insert for neighborhood riding, but once it moves to the desert, you are going to love the nice deep roar of the engine. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, sorry it took so long to respond this time. If you do everyhting right the bike will be down right dangerous for a new rider untill you get used to it; the front end becomes VERY Light.