Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger owners

7QS7, dont wast ur breath

My bro just got is eiger nd its sweet. It blows away my ozark. I hope i can get 1 in the near future. Manuls seem to have the extra spunk to them. Also, the dealer says he sees alot more autos in the shop than the manuls, so thats good.

Old 02-10-2005, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger owners

dont worry, i dont feel like wasting anything else on u,

autos are fine, if u like clutch your like the man, the only problem wid the auto on the Eiger is its on the right side, and i would hope an eiger would beat an ozark

Old 02-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger owners

and where exactly is Warsaw???

Old 02-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger owners

whats it to ya

Old 02-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Eiger owners

Children, no fighting.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger owners

whats it to ya

cause if its close im gonna drive there and let u have it

Old 02-10-2005, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Eiger owners

Hmmmm no offense but 7qsport7 you make alot of post that mean nothing just to boost your post, and hey if ya want that is great, more power to you. I wouldn't jump on anyone though for asking questions, as I have read a few of yours and really had to resist FWY. In fact I have even stuck up for you once or twice on previous threads as people seem to like to pick on kids who appear to be spoiled, which you appear to be. Sometimes things are just left better unsaid.

Old 02-10-2005, 11:43 PM
PD
Trailblazer
Default Eiger owners

Man...I am an old guy here compared to the majority. Seems like the weather must have you guys all wound up. Need sometime outside on your rides or something. You should move to California, the weather is awesome year around.......

On the main Thread about Eigers. I still stand that the Auto is better option. I like the Manual and have ridden a few, but for work and play, the auto is just easier in all aspects. The thing to remember is the 4 x 4 ATV's are not your Raptor type race deals. These are finesse ATV's that alot use for backwood trekking, work around farms and hunting.

Old 02-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger owners

i have had a maual shift mustang gt and an automatic. the quads are like cars. if you do a lot of slowing down and then speeding up the manual can get old, but the manual will always beat an automatic in a race because you can shift when you want (at higher rpms ), where as the auto always shifts the same. my manual shift is fast. there is no way an auto would ever keep up. The auto mustang ran a 14.1 in quarter mile as where the manual ran 13.9 in the quarter mile. The only thing about the manual i don't like, is when you pull something really heavy. It sometimes is hard to shift up a gear. I love my manual though and would never trade it for auto. I smoked my buddies automatic polaris 500 and loved every second. If I had an auto it would never had happened. I do wish i would have spent the extra money and gotten a vinson. If you can afford it get the vinson, but if not I highly suggest the manual eiger. It is fast and fun. out of the turns just drop it a gear and gun it. Plus you hardly ever use the break, just down shift and you can slow yourself down. I hope this helps.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Eiger owners

My 2 cents, I'd go manual. My reasoning is that the CVT auto trannys that all the OEM's use except for Honda are very similar to a snowmachine as in they use a belt. CVT's work great in sleds because it is cold outside, thy are well vented, and they are not exposed to mud, dust water, etc. It is for these reasons that Honda will not produce a CVT tranny because they feel they are not durable enough. That said they do have their advantages. At one time I had a Wolverine and my brother had a Scrambler 400. The Scramber would out perform the Wolverine in snow and mud because you didn't have to shift and the auto tranny kept it at peak power. Coming down hills was another thing all together but that is when they didn't offer braking systems for the belt.

Anyway, for towing I go manual every time. CVT's don't like heavy loads and the belts get hot. For slow going and coming down hills I'd go manual. For just plain fun while riding I'd go manual and for longevity and lack of maintenance or headaches... manual.

Just decide what the main uses of your quad will be and try and ride both to see what you think. If you still can't decide then I'd default to a manual because it will still be shifting trouble free 10 years down the road while you will have had to rebuild your drive clutch at least twice and probably used up around 5 belts with an auto.

Quick Reply: Eiger owners