Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

warranty for kq

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 06:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty for kq

Has anybody done business with procycle usa? EXTENDED WARRANTY HONDA YAMAHA SUZUKI KAWASAKI ATV Item number: 4500711321 I found this on e-bay, he asking $299 for a 48 month warranty. I'm thinking it might be a good idea to add some warranty time to the kq.

Old 02-16-2005, 09:03 AM
Range Rover
Default warranty for kq

That is not a genuine Suzuki Warranty. Hard to say what you would get with that. I would stay clear but that is only my opinion.

I would stick with the Suzuki SEP plan. Koups always has them listed on there starting at $399. Just read them carefully. Others sell the SEP plan too but make sure the one you bid on covers your machine. If in doubt, email them to be certain.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default warranty for kq

TOPGUN,
can you give me more info on the SEP form Koups?My dealer wants 450 bucks for the SEP for 3 years..If I can save 50 bucks for the same warrenty,I will..

Bill
2005 King Quad

Old 02-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default warranty for kq

I payed 450 for the 4 year extended warranty which includes everythng the original 6 month one does. The guy on ebay is a suzuki dealership or so he says. You must purchase the warranty no matter where you get it prior to the 6 month one running out. If he is a dealer he can sell it to you. You do not get anything, but a receipt. He has to enter your vin # in, that is how a dealer knows if you have the warranty. If he is at 299, he has dropped his price because it was 499 on ebay. Your dealer should be able to give you the 4 year for $450.00.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Range Rover
Default warranty for kq

The guy on Ebay is a dealer but the $299 warranty is not thru Suzuki. That is why it is so cheap. It's up to you but I would stick to the warranty from Suzuki, not a generic one.

Like mentioned, you must purchase one before your first six months are up. The Suzuki plan then adds 3 1/2 more years for a total of 4 years. If you can buy the official Suzuki SEP from your local dealer for only $450, that is where I would get it. After all, if you have a problem, that is where you will be taking it. Most want a heck of a lot more than that as the list price is $799. If you do go the Ebay route, Koups is generally the cheapest. Just be sure your model is covered as there are different plans for different quads. His latest listing covers the King Quad starting at $399. It will most likely be bid up though, that is why I say if your local dealer will sell for $450, that would be the deal to go with. Here is a link to the Koups auction. They run them all the time so if you don't win, look for it to be listed again. They will confirm that you are eligible if you win and then send you out copys of the forms. If you are buying one, just be sure to get it within your six month window.

Koups Suzuki Warranty Auction

Old 02-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default warranty for kq

TOPGUN,
I will take your advice and pay the extra 50 bucks to stay with my dealer.

Thank You!

Old 02-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default warranty for kq

My dealer won't budge from the list price. May have to start lookin around.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Range Rover
Default warranty for kq

The procycle deal seemed fishy to me, that's why i asked if anybody had bought one. I'm really feeling the need to extend my warranty. All the air time the reverse failures are getting, with people going on and on. Then to read about 2nd time failures. The thing is, i don't ever see myself using the override, i'm not a mudder. I did ride in deep snow the other day, and didn't even think about the override, the couple times i got stuck. I just jump off and walk along the side till i'm out. The best news out there is that i haven't heard of any other problems with the bike. I think if there were they would be splashed all over these forums.