Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update

Well...thanks for all the straight info guys.....and I'm glad I delayed my purchase. It appears as if Suzuki's decision to screw all its (potential current and future) customers is written in stone. All of my efforts now will be devoted to getting the best price on a Yamaha Grizzley, or maybe a Kodiak if the price is really right so that I can consider reselling it with only a small loss at a later date in case Suzuki ever gets its head out of its ***. Theres no way I want to be stuck in the marketplace with a KQ and wanting to sell it in the future. Even a 5 year warrenty expires eventually....who is gonna want to be the owner in year 6 of the vehicle as the word on this fiasco spreads? I am very dissappointed....maybe its a blessing i disguise that will keep me from buying any suzuki in the future too. Shame Shame Suzuki.......consumer's are really getting ridden hard and put away wet on this one......

Old 03-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

OK, guys... The starting VIN for updated King Quads for 2005 is

JSAAP41A_52115956 The _ is a check digit and will change from VIN to VIN.

All models after this sequence (higher last numbers) have the new shaft/bearing installed along with the updated ECM.

I would also be willing to bet that if you asked a dealer nicely, they would install this for you (at their cost) if you wanted to purchase a new pre-update King Quad from them.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

I was hoping Suzuki would step up to the plate and recall all of the defective quads, and fix them properly. I am very disappointed in Suzuki. I will never buy another product with the name Suzuki on it. I am sorry I bought the "King", and now I'm stuck with it. I couldn't sell it to anyone knowing that it is defective. If I did that, I'd be behaving just like Suzuki.

You can bet I'll be letting everyone know about how Suzuki treated their long-time trusting customers. Does the Ford Pinto ring a bell?

I had planned on using this quad for hunting. Now I'm afraid to use it, since it could leave me stranded, miles from nowhere.

Thanks alot Suzuki. Shame, shame.

leadsled

Old 03-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

WhoA!!! Now I might be undecided again thanks to that VIN information!!! Thanks.....decisions...decisions...decisions....cr ap!!!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

Decisions nothing! Get the KQ with a later VIN that what horkam said![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

No better machine out there. Now that the issue is fixed, we can all enjoy these beasts.

Ledsled, either ride it and forget about it, ride it really hard in reverse with big tires, or go get the bearing and stick it in. I can see how you are mad. You have every right to feel that suzuki gave you the shaft, but you do not have to sell the best quad out there. YOu have better options.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had my king quad about a month. It has the updated ecm module. We had a 9inch snowfall monday so i thought it would be a good test for the reverse. I tried every thing possible to get stuck but that king kept on digging out.The overide shutdown is a slight inconvience but one that doesn't really effect my riding. If Suzuki will change the gear with the new one I'll take it , so far it has been a non issue. I hope i can say this years from now.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Range Rover

Hey guys, I understand your frustration on the reverse issue. This may not be the fix for you, but I think Suzuki is trying to work it out the best they can. The one thing that I am a little tired of heering is how the resale on the KQ is not going to be any good. Do you guys know why it is not going to be any good? Because of all the bad rap your giving them. If you all would try and not talk so much bad about it ." you mite not loose so much money". Every time you cut the product down, just look at all the money your loosing. If you don't care than just keep doing it. But you don't have anybody to blame but your selfs.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Trailblazer

Leadsled.......you should sell it with a clear conscience......it is Suzuki that is screwing people, not you. I'm in the same boat (considering selling). Now is the time to sell b/4 the word on the street really kills the value once and for all. Suzuki is the bad guy here, not us.

Thanks Suzuki..........I thought you were a good company and you're behaving like a 3rd world startup. Unbelievable.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

Shortcut, what first year Honda Rubicon problem are you talking about? Never knew they had a problem. rooster

Old 03-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Range Rover

alltooos, shut up!!!!! we didnt sell a defective quad, just bought one.

Quick Reply: King Quad Reverse Idle Gear Update