Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad or Polaris 700 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad or Polaris 700 EFI

snowwolfe, how does the KQ pull/work like for hauling firewood or deer retreival? I like the sportyness and nice handling but it aslo has earn its keep for me! thanks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I never pulled a deer with it, lol. But seriously with a 700 cc motor it already has more than enough power. Just keep it in low range. Only reason I bought the KQ and Sportsman was for the efi. For me big motors are not needed.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

Let me first say that I ride a Vinson, KQ's little brother. Most of my friends either have a Sportsman 500HO or the bigger 700. We ride some extreme terrian here in Alaska and the only problem I can see with the Polaris is the weight. They ride super nice but I'll stick with my smaller Vinson untill they loose a few pounds.

I like the KQ and will own one but I'm waiting for the 06s to come out. First year model quirks is something I just don't want to deal with. If you have a quad now and you're not having any problems with it I would wait a little longer. Good luck with your decision. It's hard to go wrong with either and I can tell you that you'll be happy which ever you go with.

Old 03-30-2005, 08:25 AM
Trailblazer

love my kq! would buy it again no regrets. had a 00 quadmaster 500 that was a great quad but when they brought out the king with irs and efi i wrote a check and waited. have to give credit to riding my friends polaris sportsman 700 which sold me on efi and irs. i think polaris really has it right with their racks. they are the best for a guy that needs to strap alot of stuff down and hit the mountain for the weekend. on my kq i had to weld in several additional pieces of tubing to make them what i concidered even functional. both my sons ride sport quads so anything that needs to go old dad has to carry.also with the kq they dont jump out and run away from me like they used to. the old man is now a force to be reconned with. i did go to mudlites. i think polaris has a better stock tire. the kq is way out in front on trail manners over any other big bore i have ridden and is just a joy to ride. the thing that bothers me most about my friends polaris is the radiator. maybe the polaris sites have addressed this issue, but both of these guys have had some overheating problems in muddy coditions. they made up a outfit from plastic tubing and a bilge pump from a boat that they plug into the power access and when we come to a stream or any other clean water they stop and flush their rads. pretty ingenius but a pain. that rad just seems to be real exposed. on hauling and towing either one of these quads should pull a deer out of the woods whether he wants to go or not! with towing a trailer irs has its limitations for sure. my old quad with sra would pull my 20 ft ranger bass boat around. i can move my 3 place alum quad trailer with the irs but anything heavier squats it to the ground. would assume this is sop with irs. just some obsevations ive made. both are fine machines each with its own + and - side.good luck and safe riding.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Trailblazer

Well I finally made up my mind and gave my dealer the spec on the KQ I want. I actually have to say to PITOU that I liked your pictures so much that I printed off the one of your KQ sitting on the trail in the snow that had a good closeup of what you had installed. I gave it to him and said I want that KQ except with Black bumpers front and back and the factory skidplate (which I think you also have) I will keep the factory rims, add a Quadrax seat with passenger hand warmers and have it for me by the end of May. They only order once a month or so and I missed the last order date for this month, so I will get ordered in April with mid to late May delivery. Works great as I gave him the VIN # that has been circulating around and said if it is a 05 it must be this VIN or higher or be an 06. He said so long as I did not expect to have it until mid or late may then he could get one with that VIN or maybe an 06 if they are out.

Works for me! Just in time for my slow work season. It will be a great way to spend the summer!!