Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad or Polaris 700 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad or Polaris 700 EFI

May is coming up on me fast and furious and so is decision time on what Quad to buy. There are parts of each quad that I like and parts that I do not like, and features one has that are better than the other. My head's a spinnin!!

Have there been any good head to head tests or shootouts between the King Quad and the Polaris 700 EFI? I am going to buy one or the other in May and need some objective help in deciding. I am not looking for Brand Bashers but people who perhaps have driven both or ride with people who have them and can give me some good objective advice. Right now I am truly 50/50.

Thanks

Old 03-23-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the Mags (Dirtwheels?), did a shootout a month or so ago and ranked the KQ #1, Pol 700EFI #2 and BF #3. Also pointed out that all were great top of the line quads and each one had strengths with few weaknesses. IIRC, KQ had the best handling, Pol 700 had most workable and mud pulling power and BF had best acceleration and raw engine power.

Going to take a sit on or ride test to help choose.

Jaybee

Old 03-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't owned or ridden the Polaris. However, I do own a King Quad. It is the 23rd quad I have owned. Mostly Honda's, some Yamaha's and one Polaris (Sportsman 500). I can only tell you that I think the King is the best quad yet. I have read a fair amount of negative press about the reserve issue but I would buy it again in spite of what they are saying. It is fun, is it fast, it handles great, it is comfortable, it is technical. The one negative to a Polaris is the weight, the King only weighs 602 lbs dry and it feels lighter than that. Honestly, there isn't anything about the King I don't like and I haven't had any other quads I can say that about. Good luck with your decision.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also have to agree,the KQ is the better of the two..The KQ is about 150lbs lighter,more nimble,and also faster..The belt drive is much better than Polaris belt drive too.

Ride them both,go to the forums and get others opinions befoer you buy.

Old 03-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

One thing to think about, the mid section on the king quad is nice and skinny compared to the huge middle on the polaris, making the King much more comfortable. Other then that, the king is lighter like others are saying, but nothing really bad to say about the polaris other then that, they look better then ever and come with nice tires. I was torn between several but ended up getting the King Quad. Its very well thought out, the fuel tank is under the seat keeping weight low and the airbox is up as high as they could get it keeping water out. I really like what they did with it. If you get the King, just make sure you get one with a vin higher then the one floating around the forum and you will avoid the reverse failures that are happening. Good luck...

Old 03-24-2005, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

hey EigerSlider isnt it funny that you post this question in the polaris forums and u get all the votes for polaris and then u post it here and get all the votes for the zuki[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Trailblazer

The location of the gas tank and the air box is better than the Polaris. I am going to have to dig deep inside of them with the critical eye toward my style of riding and also get a test drive from each dealer. On a different topic, I was looking at your pictures and I have to ask about the leg wound. WHAT HAPPENED?! I also must add GROSS!!!

Old 03-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I personally think you would be happy with either. Both would be a step up from the Eiger. However if it were me I would go with the King not because that is what I own. Because I ride with a guy who has the Polaris 700 EFI and he likes mine alot better himself. He would go and trade for the King but you know how dealers like to screw you on a trade so he will probobly live with the polaris for a year or two then re-evaluate the atv market then. I know that the handling on the King is hands down the best I've ever ridden on a utility quad. The power also favors the KING check out the dynos on www.dobeck.com where they sale TPI boxes for both FI systems lots more Horsepower for the KING.

My advice ride them both for as long as you can before you make your decision. Find someone that has those particular machine if possible and ride them other than in a parking lot.

Good luck

Old 03-24-2005, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

I like both bikes alot. I went with the king because I like the fit and finish better. Ride them both, only way to tell.

Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

KQ

Quick Reply: King Quad or Polaris 700 EFI