Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Best KQ700 Price Please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Price Dealers Please

I bought a Honda Foreman last year and am looking to upgrade to the Kingquad - we successfully negotiated with our dealer using the prices from www.abernathycycles.com to get him to price match. I'm looking for best prices OTD on a kinquad that I can use. The same dealer sells suzuki's also, so we may be OK negotiating, since I bought two ATV's there last year. I just want to go armed with good info so I know a good deal when I see one or can try to force one on him, lol!!
At his point, I am also concerned about the machine being a first year production model, and with the Suzuki resale value in general, can anyone comment on these concerns also. I cannot affors to be fixing an ATV, losing my butt on one when it is for sale in a couple of years. So far, in one year, I've put about 150 miles on my foreman. I have more money in oil changes, than in gas, lol!!! I just use it for trail riding and pushing snow.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Trailblazer
Default Best KQ700 Price Please HELP

All these KQ's out there and no one replies?? Maybe I should have just left you guys to talk about your missing reverse gears, lol!!!! Guess most everyone here must have "just took it like a man" when you bought your KQ.

Old 03-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Trailblazer

By the way, we have a buddy that bought the KQ with two helmets and a winch - $8,000 OTD!!!
He swears he got a good deal.
I say that dealer will go straight to H&LL for that one

Thats the kind of deal I want to avoid - OUCH!!!

Old 03-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Range Rover

..I paid $ 6399.00..then add tax and license..no set up fees,or overpriced documentation paper fees..watch for that fee..stealers can screw you with over priced doc fee's...stealers get a 10% hold back on the wholesale cost of the units.......still I dont know what to do with the POS..I'd sell mine in a blink if I could..da* reverse problem,and screwzuki..never again will I have a suzuki product in my shop...

Old 03-29-2005, 08:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

I paid 6696 OTD and that was with a Warn 2500 lb Winch,not installed..I bought mine on October the 28th of 2004..

Old 03-29-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

I paid 6400 hundred OTD. So far I love mine. No problems to report, but I've only had mine for 2 weeks.
Why all the bad comments about Suzuki?

Old 03-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Trailguide
..I paid $ 6399.00..then add tax and license..no set up fees,or overpriced documentation paper fees..watch for that fee..stealers can screw you with over priced doc fee's...stealers get a 10% hold back on the wholesale cost of the units.......still I dont know what to do with the POS..I'd sell mine in a blink if I could..da* reverse problem,and screwzuki..never again will I have a suzuki product in my shop...
ooppp's I also got the winch with the above price...the winch reverse works good....no time bomb there....LOL

Old 03-30-2005, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

From a little research and help on this forum, I have come to the conclusion that if I canget a bike for anywhere under 6300, I should be doing pretty good. I already have a warn 2.5, which I'm going to take off the foreman before sale, so I wont need a winch. We had really good luck with Tom Clark Motorsports in Belle Vernon, PA, the last time - We'll give them a call here directly to see what they can do first - gotta give them a chance to get my business after they did us right last time.

Anyone else care to comment on the reliability / reverse issue, (I know it has been addressed before, but bear with me - this is a LARGE purchase for me and I cannot afford to be putting a lot of money into a quad for repairs) and on Suzuki resale values in comparison to Honda ATV's. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

I got my Rincon from Tom Clark, cheapest around at the time. They were a lot higher though when I bought my King Quad so I bought elsewhere, but that was back in October. I dealt with Emerson, the sales manager. Watch that they don't add setup and freight to the lowball price. I'd give them a call before I traveled there to check their price and fees. (also Vin number)

There is no way I would buy a King Quad with a Vin number lower than what has been mentioned. They might try selling those machines for cheap but it just isn't worth it. You get a warranty but why put yourself though any worry at all when you can buy one that should be trouble free as far as reverse issues go just by buying a machine with the higher Vin. Should help the resale also that it has the new shaft and bearing. The higher Vins have been found in green, shouldn't be too much longer for the other colors.