Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Are you tired of the dissing of the K.Q.?...I sure am

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you tired of the dissing of the K.Q.?...I sure am

Enough already about the reverse problem. How many threads do we need to explore this. How come this machine is recognized as ATV of the year by more than a few publications?

Old 03-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Pastor
Enough already about the reverse problem. How many threads do we need to explore this. How come this machine is recognized as ATV of the year by more than a few publications?
Get used to it. There are still 01 Raptor tranny posts, BF jet needle posts, suzuki 03 subframe and chain adjustment posts, etc being posted all of the time. When a machine has a problem people will continue to experience it and no amount of complaining is going to change that. The bike has a problem, its not the first and wont be the last bike with one. Take a deep breath and relax, no need to take this so hard.

And who cares what the magazines say? No one seems to listen to them until the bike they like gets kudos, same thing with the rest of the media. Everyone complains until their POV is held on high. And the magazine also raved about the 01 raptor. Granted both are great bikes upon release, but like many others they have thier problems.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

Maddog...understood. What I have a problem with is guys going beyond talking about the problem and are ...bad mouthing, etc. Suzuki...who up until now has been a great manufacturer. How about someone out there tell us what you like about this bike.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:34 AM
Trailblazer

Maddog...understood. What I have a problem with is guys going beyond talking about the problem and are ...bad mouthing, etc. Suzuki...who up until now has been a great manufacturer. How about someone out there tell us what you like about this bike.
What I like is that the King Quad is the trickest 4x4 out there, bar none! and maybe the trickest quad made period. I bought mine this past weekend knowing full well about the reverse issue. I bought the extended warranty and if it breaks they'll fix it. IRS, Fuel Injection, Handling, comfort, you name it and the KQ has it. Hey I'm a Honda guy, but this thing put's the Rincon to shame! I've been watching the forums on all the manufacturers and they all have problems. 10 years ago we would never have heard about a reverse issue without a recall by Suzuki. In the information age we get to hear from so many more of the the individuals and their problems than we did in the past. I have also noticed that a few individuals rant and rave and make quite a bit more noise than others. As always, consider the source....

Old 03-29-2005, 07:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, some do go to far. Particularly those who do not and have never owned the machines. Unfortunately this also seems to come with the territory. There are plenty of members who prefer to bad mouth other companies and atvs without significant basis. Case in point is the raptor/predator or trx/yfz and believe it or not its even present in the minis forum. I guess its just one of those things that I've come to just expect and I try to take it with a grain of salt. I do understand your concern, and apologize if I came off rude before but its just one of those things you have to get used to, not everyone will see this the same way.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:04 AM
Range Rover

..so..are some of you "Married" to your suzuki ??? many of us call it like it is...suzuki failed and is making a half way attempt to fix it..they SHOULD RECALL ALL OF THEM !!! You can always skip these threads...others who have not heard of the problem.....should be informed...

Old 03-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Trailguide....I appreciate the comments. I have owned numerous Suzukis in the past and I am going to buy the new K.Q....this info. on the reverse is NOT going to stop me from buying one. As I mentioned earlier, I do appreciate the context that constructive criticism or observations are made. What annoys me is guys going over the line and dismissing everything that Suzuki has done... RIGHT. As I said, I am going to get mine this week. I know about the reverse issue going into it.

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider

If your buying a KQ knowing the reverse problem.
Please share the wealth with the rest of us.
Do you know how long it can take to fix a quad at a dealership under warranty, when you want to go ride in Colorado with your buddies.
Wait until the fix, then buy the quad of the year.
With the scoring going on inside the trans, what are the long term effects of the micro-metal-shavings in the engine????????? oil filter only pick up too 95% particals, the other 5% can kill a engine.
Just a thought.

Old 03-31-2005, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

Handycap...I have never hweard about this ...shvings stuff. Could you please elaborate? Thanks...

Old 03-31-2005, 03:20 AM
Pro Rider

On this forum and others, there are pictures of the transmission shaft and bushings with scoring marks and wear marks. If the trans fix is a hole or holes drilled in shaft to allow oil to lube the shaft and sleave, then there must be metal wear and particals.
Nyroc's ATV info website

Quick Reply: Are you tired of the dissing of the K.Q.?...I sure am