Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Am I the only one that really really likes the new King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I the only one that really really likes the new King Quad?

I ride with two guys that have KQs, and have many friends with them. I am convinced it is the best overall machine out there.

I will have one soon.

We had a nasty hard ride in tellico, in which we had to tow machines up a hill with a tow rope. We used the KQ for that.

We had a honda tie rod problem at Forest Games. We hauled in a small trailer to get the honda out. We used a KQ for that too.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

I think the KQ is one helluva bike. A 700@604 pounds, can you say HOOAHH! If it wasn't for the fact it's an automatic, I'd chosen it over the Vinson.

Old 03-31-2005, 03:02 PM
Pro Rider

I dont own one but If I were going to invest in a big bore 4x4 (other then a 446 fst kit for my wolverine) the King Quad would be one of my top picks

Old 03-31-2005, 03:04 PM
Range Rover

Foward is all i care about, great trail quad and i'm able to keep up with the two wheelers.

Old 03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

I would choose the kingquad, if I had to do it again. It is great. Theire is nothing like it,

Old 03-31-2005, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

The King Quad is a Honda Rescue Unit

I swamped my 650, and guess what quad pulled me out?

Old 03-31-2005, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have not regreted my decision to buy a King Quad not one time. It it is all I could ask for and I have been very happy with it. Went two weeks ago on a camping and riding trip and my King Quad did great. We went to Shiloh Ridge in Northeast Texas. More than one rider there asked me about it. I'm not sure but it looked like they were drooling at the mouth a little bit as they looked the KQ over. The reverse issue does not bother me much. Most new machines have bugs to be worked out. That is the chance one takes when buying the early models of any new machine. The one thing that had to go was the stock tires. Got stuck too easily. A set of 27 inch Dirt Devils fixed the problem.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] LONG LIVE THE KING

Old 04-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

Hey kingme, your kq 700 should beet your buddies polaris 600. Just a little hint, don't make him to mad. You mite need him to pull you home one day after your reverse goes out.

Old 04-01-2005, 01:30 AM
Range Rover

Guess Im lucky to have a friend who doesnt begrudge me or my machine because he gets stuck.

Old 04-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

Probably the best handling ATV out there. Probably the best Big Bore ATV so far.

BUT.

It does have a serious problem with the reverse on certain machines and the way Suzuki has handled the problem should be a textbook case on how not to deal with a serious design defect. Makes me more than a little nervous about how Suzuki will treat me if something else serious happens down the line. I think the way they have treated their current customers is reprehensible. I also find it reprehensible that they knowingly continue to sell the defective quads without fixing them. I doubt if it is winning those magazine reviews with the reviewers knowing of the defect. If it is, and they are simply ignoring it, that is something that is simply unacceptable and should tell you something about the reviewers.

There has also been a problem from some users as far as it stumbling off idle. I'd be interested to hear from folks with KQs to see how widespread that problem is. It simply shouldn't happen with a properly tuned EFI.

The BF is better on power but doesn't handle very well but can be improved with tires.

The racks on the Suzuki don't look to be the best but that is something pretty easily remedied, unlike major mechanical defects.

If I decide on a KQ it will be next model year. I wouldn't any chances on this year regardless of serial number. Knowingly buying one with the serial number with the known defect is just plain stupidity.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one that really really likes the new King Quad?