Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

A sight to see, for all you people with vinsons and looking at one.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005 | 11:22 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default A sight to see, for all you people with vinsons and looking at one.

I think frames are an area where Suzuki has issues! The first run of Z400's had widely publicized problems. One has to wonder if they have ever really sorted it out.

Old 04-11-2005 | 04:36 PM
|
Pro Rider

what do you think i should do.... i really nervous about laying out almost 1000$ for it to happen again..... should i get rid of it? i really LOVE this bike, and dont feel like getting something else that i am going to have to spend a ton of $$$ on to get it to my likeing....

v581

Old 04-11-2005 | 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Not sure if your existing frame is beyond reclamation or not, but if you're going to buy a new frame and install gussets, could you not do the same with the old one and repair the broken welds at the same time? That would certainly save some coin .. but if it's all twisted and stuff .. maybe it's not in the cards ... just a thought ..

I hope I never have to deal with a busted frame ...

Old 04-11-2005 | 08:56 PM
|
Pro Rider

its kinda twisted and misaligned, bent up to say the least.......

i would feel better to start with a solid platform..

do you think my insurance would cover it? i have full coverage.

v581

Old 04-11-2005 | 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
VINSON581...I read your thread...and really something needs to be said. I have had a vinson and just bought a K.Q. in fact my brothers Vinson is sitting in my garage right now. Having said all of that ...I know what these machines can do. We push these things to the extreme in the rugged mountains of eastern washington/Idaho. Obviously...there is some of the story that your leaving out. To imply that the manufacturer is somehow at fault here is incredulous. In reality, as one of the other guys on this thread stated you need to understand what you bought. The Vinson is without question the best utility/sport quad out there for the size. However, to have the frame seperate from the rest of the bike indicates extreme rider failure. I don't mean to offend you, it isn't my objective. However, something is seriously amiss in the picture here and I doubt it all has to do with the machine.
your a goober

Old 04-11-2005 | 09:37 PM
Ren
Trailblazer

think you could post a few pics of the bike in its current state. like to show a friend that mine was not the only one to have broke.ty

Old 04-11-2005 | 10:17 PM
|
Pro Rider

can do, i will get them tomorrow after noon, and throw them on my server, with a link for you guys..... i can only get one side because it in the corner of the garage, due to the fact im not riding it, and its outta the way untill i get my frame, and / or get a wrecked vinny with a good frame 5spd prefurred.

v581

Old 04-12-2005 | 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

If you've got full coverage, and the right coverage, then yes that all should be covered by you insurance (you've modified your frame in the past, but that shouldn't have any bearing on it). But how much is your deductible? I'd put the bike back together as much as possible, then call them. But the problem is going to be the wait you'll go through as they probably won't let you do you own repairs. Secondly, are they going to let you use your updated frame. When your dealing w/ insurance companies and atv's I would imagine it's almost the same as with a car. Call your agent tomorrow and tell him what's going on (just cruising, hit a tree, stomped on by elephant, or w/e). Ask him what the process would be, how long it's going to take, can you use your updated frame, etc. Just remember to start the conversation w/ hypothetically speaking. But if your agent is an extreme tight ****, or your dealing w/ geico etc, then you'll probably be rolling the dice. Just as if it's a car, they could just total it out and write you a check. But, would they cover the upgrades? I'm getting mine insured this week w/ full coverage just in case I'm ever in your position.

Old 04-12-2005 | 08:07 PM
|
Pro Rider

i have FULL insurance. 250$ deduct. full assc. and parts. it is some speacialized company, that only deals with atvs and sleds. the bike is 100% assembled. i dont need to take it apart to look....

880$ + 100$ shipping (about) to my door, im only worried about re-titleing the bike.....and different vins.

im just trying to find a wrecked, repo, insurance clail, vinson 5spd, and go from there, being for 1000$ i can almost get one, with a good frame.

v581

Old 04-14-2005 | 02:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

take a look at my camera, and the pictures in there, now that picture of the vinny parked is CURRENT STATE. now you cant tell me i dont take care of it, i mean come on it looks BRAND new almost. not bad for 4 years old, and being sunk 4 times.

Quick Reply: A sight to see, for all you people with vinsons and looking at one.