Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't knock the King if you haven't ridden one

Well said MonZooki.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

I got to take one for a very short test ride and was not impressed.I am used to riding sport bikes and thought the King would be the sportiest of the big utes.I was told the thing will wheelie,just hammer the throttle.The one I rode was quite sluggish from a standstill or rolling along at a slow speed,certainly not wheelie material.It also felt kind of tippy in the corners although I'm not used to IRS suspension either.I'm hoping to get to another dealer who has one available to test ride just to make sure the first bike was not a lemon.The reverse problem is a major problem when it goes.The new ECM does not solve the problem.Even thought you get a 5 year warranty who wants to be down for a long period of time while the bike is being repaired.Also are you going to ride miles into the bush knowing the reverse may blow and leave you stranded at any time?I'm also thinking the 05 models will be way down in value when it comes time to resell or trade in,assuming they have a new and improved tranmission for 2006 and they had better.I'm not looking to bash the king.I was really hoping it would be awesome and I was wanting to buy one.As of right now though I'm just not that impressed.Maybe after my next test ride I'll come back with my tail between my legs.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Range Rover

They already have a new improved tranny...but only a few of the 05 's get it! The 5 year deal could end up ok as a fix...but I would not want to try to sell one that didn't go before it's 5 years were up!

Old 04-14-2005, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

I have seen the new gear with needle bearings in it and although its an improvement I'm not convinced yet it is the total answer unless it recieves lots of lubrication.I guess there is no way of knowing until the updated ones have been out there for a while.If this went again just after the warranty it would probably cost more to fix it than the quad would be worth.Lets hope the new gear cures the problem completely.

Old 04-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

Old yeller...No offense but are you lost? This is a Suzuki forum...and here you only have Yami's. Man, where have you been? Sure, the King has it's issues however, in the bigger scheme of things the bike is awesome! Are we already talking of....selling. No way. I 'm keeping mine until death do us part!

Old 04-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

Pastor my DVX says Arctic Cat on the tank but it is 100% Suzuki underneath the plastic.I am looking to get into the sport 4x4 market and I get an 8% discount on Suzuki's.I have been studying every detail and reading all of the forums on the king since it came out.I've also been considering the Vinson.My point is would you consider buying a used 05 King Quad?I'm just saying once the 06s come out,probably advertising a new super strong reverse gear that is indestructible who would want an 05?Maybe another reason to hold off a year?

Old 04-15-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Old yeller...Good point for sure. I simply didn't want to wait another year to ride an exceptional machine. I have heard of extremely long warranty coverage on the King (5years). Even so, there are so MANY guys out there have had NO problems with this machine. In reality, I probably won't ever sell this machine. When I buy a new one...I'll give this one to the wife!

Old 04-15-2005, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

That is my plan, I will upgrade my wife to the king and I will get the next good machine. maybe it will be a 1000 cc you never know the way they are going up in the last couple of years. they might put some turbo or supercharge on these machines, but I think 65 mph is fast enought for a utility quad.

The kingquad is to my opinion the best theire is this year.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

I got to ride the King at another dealer today VS a 750 Brute force.This king felt much more impressive.It had a strong vibration right off of idle in neutral but I guess this is normal as the other King I rode did it too.It had a bit of a hestitation and then pulled very strongly for the short length of yard that I could open it up.Brakes and handling felt great.The Brute seems to be clutched much differently than the king.It seems to hold low gear longer and takes off like a scalded cat but when you let off the throttle it also had stronger engine braking then I would like.Sometimes it would actually skid the rear tires for a second after letting off the throttle in loose dirt.I also felt the handlebars weren't as wide on the Brute and didn't offer as much leverage on the steering.I preferred the feel of the king quad overall but I sure wouldn't turn down a Brute force either.If the King took off like the Brute and did everything else like the king it would be a perfect bike in my opinion.

Old 04-17-2005, 02:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Pastor
In the midst of alot of criticism toward this bike recently I have to stand and say some real positive things. Firstly, I had a Vinson until I rolled it 15 times hunting last year. I didn't think I would ever find a bike that offered the ride, response and overall feel and looks of the Vinson until...I got the K.Q. It really has put the excitement back in riding for me. This bike is simply: unstoppable! My brother has a Vinson and just for comparisons I jumped on his...well, let's just say...it feels like I'm home with Suzuki again! Finally, 5 major publications voted this thing top dog this year, it's easy for me to see why. If you haven't ridden this bike don't knock it on the opinions of others, do yourself a favor.......................................and go get one!
You had the KQ for one day and all of the sudden you know more than anyone who's ever said anything bad about them? Its a nice bike, but dont get overzealous.

Quick Reply: Don't knock the King if you haven't ridden one