Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 vs. King Quad

what is faster a sportsman 700 or a king quad 700

Old 04-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider

I would assume a KQ just cause it's lighter by about 150 pounds.

Old 04-13-2005, 11:13 PM
Trailblazer

how long have the new king quads been up for sale

Old 04-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Range Rover

They came out in late sept. last year...

sportman EFI700 RWHP on dyno...was 24.6
KQ EFI700 RWHP on dyno..............was 29.5

From what I've been told...they are not real close in a race if you get all the way to the top of the top end. From takeoff the KQ might even loose till about 6 to 8 mph...then she opens up and flies to 65 or so before slowing to a gradual acceleration to about 70mph. If you go out that far there will be more then a few quad lengths apart...from what guys have written...none of my freinds have a 700efi...can't test it out ......maybe someone on here has dragged them?

Old 04-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

There are a few guys I know with 700's and frankly I am looking for the chance to show off the supremecy of the King. Polaris owners have a special chip on their shoulder Why? I am clueless. Maybe it is the worst service record in history that sets them apart! Please forgive me for sounding so caustic but I have taken a lot of hits for staying true to Suzuki.... and now it's payback time! Does anyone know what I'm saying?

Old 04-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: Pastor
There are a few guys I know with 700's and frankly I am looking for the chance to show off the supremecy of the King. Polaris owners have a special chip on their shoulder Why? I am clueless. Maybe it is the worst service record in history that sets them apart! Please forgive me for sounding so caustic but I have taken a lot of hits for staying true to Suzuki.... and now it's payback time! Does anyone know what I'm saying?
..so what time does your susuki worship service start...LOL

Old 04-14-2005, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

There is nothing wrong with the Polaris guys liking their machines just like you like your Suzuki. You say Polaris stinks. What about Suzuki's not fixing the King Quad properly? A bandaid and 5 year warranty just doesn't cut it. If you think it does, why don't you go tell the poor guy on one of the other forums that lost his reverse and got his new machine back all hacked up. I'm afraid to say this will be more common than not as most dealers don't pay enough to hire decent mechanics that can do the job properly. Some do but the majority don't.

And for the record, I have owned a King Quad for 6 months and have seen first hand what the failures look like. It is real and does happen more that you care to admit.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Topgun1
There is nothing wrong with the Polaris guys liking their machines just like you like your Suzuki. You say Polaris stinks. What about Suzuki's not fixing the King Quad properly? A bandaid and 5 year warranty just doesn't cut it. If you think it does, why don't you go tell the poor guy on one of the other forums that lost his reverse and got his new machine back all hacked up. I'm afraid to say this will be more common than not as most dealers don't pay enough to hire decent mechanics that can do the job properly. Some do but the majority don't.

And for the record, I have owned a King Quad for 6 months and have seen first hand what the failures look like. It is real and does happen more that you care to admit.
You're wasting your breath. It doesn't matter to the kool-aid drinkers. As long as it wins all the magazine shoot-outs and ATV-TV says it is great the kool-aid drinkers care not for the screwed up reverse; the screwed up way Suzuki tried to fix it at first, the no-lube screwing they are giving owners of knowingly defective machine by not replacing every defectively designed reverse gear. On top of that the company is currently knowingly unloading ATVs with the defective reverse to unsuspecting buyers. Despicable business practices.

Suzuki listened to the accountants and lawyers instead of doing the right thing by their customers. Prospective owners should know about it.

I don't particularly care if the kool-aid drinkers knowingly buy defective ATVs but I feel bad for the guy who plonks down 7k on a defective machine with a ticking time bomb in the case that Suzuki will not fix until it breaks.

Kool-aid drinkers don't like the fact that their beloved KQ has some problems prospective owners should be aware of. It appears that they have some deep seated need to have as many people in the boat with them so as to reaffirm their purchase and to constantly reassure them that.."The KQ is the best evr!1!!!!111!!!" "OMG it rox!!1!!I rode ti in the parking lot and outran a BF a griz and a Ferrari testerossa and I pulled a hummer out of the mud with it in reverse!!!1111!!!!1OMG it wuz so AWSOME!!!111!!!!"

That kind of blind brand loyalty is nothing short of a neurosis.

Old 04-15-2005, 04:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: CaptainQuint
Originally posted by: Topgun1

You're wasting your breath. It doesn't matter to the kool-aid drinkers. As long as it wins all the magazine shoot-outs and ATV-TV says it is great the kool-aid drinkers care not for the screwed up reverse; the screwed up way Suzuki tried to fix it at first, the no-lube screwing they are giving owners of knowingly defective machine by not replacing every defectively designed reverse gear. On top of that the company is currently knowingly unloading ATVs with the defective reverse to unsuspecting buyers. Despicable business practices.

Suzuki listened to the accountants and lawyers instead of doing the right thing by their customers. Prospective owners should know about it.

I don't particularly care if the kool-aid drinkers knowingly buy defective ATVs but I feel bad for the guy who plonks down 7k on a defective machine with a ticking time bomb in the case that Suzuki will not fix until it breaks.

Kool-aid drinkers don't like the fact that their beloved KQ has some problems prospective owners should be aware of. It appears that they have some deep seated need to have as many people in the boat with them so as to reaffirm their purchase and to constantly reassure them that.."The KQ is the best evr!1!!!!111!!!" "OMG it rox!!1!!I rode ti in the parking lot and outran a BF a griz and a Ferrari testerossa and I pulled a hummer out of the mud with it in reverse!!!1111!!!!1OMG it wuz so AWSOME!!!111!!!!"

That kind of blind brand loyalty is nothing short of a neurosis.
Uh, speaking of neurosis, let it go dude. Just push yourself away from the keyboard.......

Old 04-15-2005, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys...whats with this all this "caustic" grumbling"?. Man, I say one thing about polaris...which is as true as what guys are saying about Suzuki if not more so and I get all shot up. Some guys just can't let go of this reverse issue...o.k. there is one guy way over there that has an issue with this bike. So. What are we supposed to do overlook the HUGE improvements and positive things this bike offers?

Quick Reply: 700 vs. King Quad