Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Tudors Performance (LT500)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tudors Performance (LT500)

Has anyone had Tudors do work on their quad recently? I have had my 1990 Zilla there since Jan 3, 2005 and am still waiting for it to be completed. I read the previous threads from last year and the one before and man am I re-living the same nightmare. Here are the details of my experience so far:

I called in around Dec 04 and asked when would be a good time to bring the quad in to get the Engine kit, performance bolt-on, suspension rebuild, & new stator. I made arrangements and dropped it off on Jan 3, 2005 expecting to get it back the first week of February 2005 (according to Jeff)!!! It is of course now mid-April and I have called there at least 50-60 times and spoke to Jeff at least 10 times now. I usually get the answering machine or it just rings off the hook. Everytime I speak with him I get an excuse like I had a family emergency, I fired my mechanic, or the parts are back ordered and get an empty promise of the quad is almost done and to expect it next week. In fact the only call I have ever received from Jeff was to get a $1500.00 deposit which was way back in the beginning of February. At this point I just hope that when I do eventually get the quad back it will be done right.

Based on what I have read here and what I am going through I would not recommend doing business with this company unless you can wait an eternity. I will post back when I get the quad and let you all know how the rebuild and other work is.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider

Let me give you one heads up clue. If you bought a 39 pwk carb that he puts a power jet on it. You will have to replace the bowl on your brand new carb. cause Jeff grinds out the overflow tube so he can connect the power jet. Which is fine if you want to keep the throttle wide open constantly. Because the bowl overfills while riding and causes the quad to have no low end you have to get the fuel flowing first. It sucks to have to replace the bowl on your brand new carb..

Old 04-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

lots of people have had LOTS !!! of problems with them . there was a big topic on it awile back . some people had waited almost a year before they got therte stuff back .

i would DEMAND !! it back regaurdless of progress and have someone else finish it . it wil be done alot quicker and better .

my .02c

Old 04-16-2005, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider

There have been a milion bad posts on that guy. He has to know about this forum. Looks liked he'd try to keep his paying customers happy. Anyway, I wouldn't send him a friggin spark plug to work on. If my recall serves, he cited family problems before. He must have one helluva problematic family.

Old 04-17-2005, 04:36 AM
Trailblazer

Hey rooster,

Sounds like you have had some work done by Tudors. Was this fairly recently? Other than the obvious carb foul up how satisfied are you with overall work? If you could give me any details I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

LOL ,,,, here we go again.....hahaha I feel your pain.... sorry for your mistake. My motor was there for an entire year. Good luck getting it back this year.....maybe next year you'll see it.
Do a search about this.

Old 04-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

I think that this is rediculous. If anyone has paper work on this guy,or any type of proof at all,like a receipt for the 1500 that you gave him,i think you should press charges of some type.This guy obviously doesnt care about being a respectable business man,and doesnt give two sh*ts about your waiting.You gave this guy money,and hes sitting at home scratching his a** while your not riding,and he is procrastinating longer and longer. I think you should call him and ask for your engine back,and either your cash or the parts he bought with your cash back,or your calling a lawyer. Tell him youve got other people (people on here),that will join in against him as witnesses.Even if you dont go through with it,itll probably scare him into doing something.at least something. Report it to the better business bureau. i would definitely do something,creeps like this shouldnt be allowed to continue. Think about it.even if he is a good business man sometimes,even if he broke something on your engine and is afraid to tell you,or he is just lazy,he should at least be enough of a standup guy and keep you informed instead of blowing you off like your some bothersome child.

Old 04-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Zig,

I read the horror story that you had. Was the engine at least well built?

Old 04-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the moral support super,

I have already placed a complaint against them at the BBB and it looks like there is at least one other one for the same thing but they never responded to it. BBB gives them an "F" rating as a company. My plan is to drive up there this next week and take back my quad in whatever condition it is in and I already have a lawyer friend that is going to help me if the need arises. Although just the damage that the posts in this forum are doing will likely bankrupt the guy. I also have contact with another guy that does the suspension work for Jeff and I am going to call him to see if he would be willing to testify since he must see this same thing over and over again with Tudors. Bottom line is they fu^$*@ with the wrong guy on this one. I was very nice and very patient with them but after what I have heard in this forum I am pissed off! I will keep you all posted on the outcome of this. Thanks again to all that have posted.

Offroader247

Old 04-18-2005, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: offroader247
Hey Zig,

I read the horror story that you had. Was the engine at least well built?

Yeah the engine work was great.. I do have to say he does nice work.....just takes his time.

Quick Reply: Tudors Performance (LT500)