Originally posted by: NEWDUCK
are you phantom rider just under a diffrent name
nope

Old 04-18-2005, 08:41 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where can i get pic for the ltz 450

Aye, there is only one Phantom, and I see the path the blackbird follows and it is true. I have not decided the validity of EFI, but I would like to see it. The rational part of me says no as there would be much R&D on a motor already developed in carbed form. Then again, once all the bugs were worked out, the ATK/Dale is an impressive machine, and Suzi already uses EFI in a utility.....

The Phantom....has your attention, now what are you going to do about it......

Old 04-18-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

the electric start was scrapped to save weight,get your leg in shape.and the efi ,well like i said we will see come late aug of this year who is right.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

The rmz dirtbike has a carb so why wouldn't they just put that carb on the quad? It would just be simpler. I hope it rocks the YFZ's and 450R's socks. Dirtbike mag said they thought the power was more like the CRF450R's power? Hopefully the quads are different. But the honda dirtbike is faster then the yami. And the quads are the other way around. So hopefully the RMZ is a ton faster.

Old 04-18-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't personally heard any rumors, but I would imagine that the new Zuki is gonna be even more of an all out racer than the YFZ. If a fully modded Z400 can beat the YFZ as Gust has proven, they are gonna have to build something exeptional to top that. Suzuki is the quad manufacturer that is most into factory supported racing....so you know they are gonna bring it all to the table.

Old 04-19-2005, 04:55 PM
TPR
The Champ

With all their success in racing, and being the original race quad builders, bet on Suzuki to step up and nail the red and blue targets.....

The Phantom....is legendary....

Old 04-19-2005, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BAD250R
I haven't personally heard any rumors, but I would imagine that the new Zuki is gonna be even more of an all out racer than the YFZ. If a fully modded Z400 can beat the YFZ as Gust has proven, they are gonna have to build something exeptional to top that. Suzuki is the quad manufacturer that is most into factory supported racing....so you know they are gonna bring it all to the table.
i think there is no doubt that the suzuki is going to be better stock than the yfz/ trx. if it wasnt going to be then why would suzuki waste their time? doesnt make sense. doesnt necissarily mean that the yfz's/ trx's wont be able to compete. and about Doug Gust beating yfz's and trx's, Doug Gust is one of the best mx racers out there. mx is more about ability than what quad your riding. plus all the mx quads are sooo modded that pretty much the only reason ppl can tell what they are is plastics. just my opinion

Old 04-20-2005, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

let's not forget jones he's always up front too,but gust is the man.the suzuki will be a race quad ,if you want a trail quad thats what the z400 is for.yamaha is not sitting down either .the 06 or 07 yamaha will have new a-arms ,frame ,and motor a (TRUE 450).i think its going to be 07 .the suzuki and yamaha are going to be the ones to watch .but what i know about the suzuki thats the one to watch for .and no gust and jones will not be racing them this season,they will finish on the yoshi z. oh suzuki has lots of r& d in efi ,just look at their gsx-r bikes they know what works

Old 05-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blackbird
the only thing that i think is going to suck is it's going to be kickstart only.but hey it's a race quad .
And a 4 speed tranny like the dirtbike

Old 05-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

One would think a "Race" quad would be Carb, not EFI.

Considering racers spend endless amounts of time shaving ounces off the weight of the ATV, the added electronics of EFI would be a disadvantage. Also 'Racers' can all rejet their carbs with ease, so i don't see any reason they would want to use EFI on a 'Race" quad..

*Shrug* I guess we'll have to all wait and see when we actually *know* what its really going to be.

Suzuki would be smart to use the Z400 base for the Z450, as the Z400 is one of the best most dominating ATV's on the market, a complete redesign could hurt the Z450's success if that is the route they have taken.. They'd be smarter to make it a tuned down version of Doug Gusts Z400.

-ThaChad