Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

why the hell can't i just get my zilla goin! its not fair

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005 | 06:09 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default why the hell can't i just get my zilla goin! its not fair

I'm so bloody pissed. I took out my engine and had a mechanic look at it and he suggests the crank seals and bearings need to be done, thats not all. I took off my fly wheel as the stator was loose and here was the screws ripped out of the holes. I now have to go split the casea after redoing my whole zilla, which i spent every cent on. I rode it for about 10min in 8months. I am finacially F'ed and I'm so bloody depressed. I just had to walk away from it today before I took a sledge to it. Anyone know what parts I'm goin to need or roughly the cost, i'll try do it myself. I have a small bit of money which I had started saving for a new axel. Sorry to bother ye all but it just builds up and you have to let it out, its all the good guys who do things right that seem to get screwed!

Old 06-20-2005 | 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

i could understand your frustration, it sucks

but why do foreigners say BLOODY pissed/hell/etc?

Old 06-20-2005 | 08:34 PM
Pro Rider

why do us americans say: IM SO F*CKING PISSED!!!
lol, its just what we/they do

Old 06-20-2005 | 10:09 PM
Range Rover

i think its funny to read it like that.

try taping the stator holes to the next size. and the main bearings might have spun in the cases which means you will either need new inserts put in or new cases.

i feel your pain, mines always a bitch to start or something breaks on it. i just put a new axle on mine. a durablue eliminator.

Old 06-21-2005 | 02:54 PM
|
Pro Rider

Started at it to today after sleeping on it and its not too bad. I took off the cylinder,flywheel crankcase and clucth basket. Hope they aren't wrung, the movement in the flywheel ids very small. This is my first time to split the cases. Also anyone know what i should do to open the nuts on the cogs behind the clutch basket comeing from the crank shaft? Gotta get a manual. Also I was tryin to be american by saying pissed , as far as I gathered in america it means angry, here it means drunk! Also there is plenty of other words I could use that only the Irish understand, like scanger, bogger, bid the cricki, langer etc.

Old 06-21-2005 | 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.... these antiques are maintenance intensive.
But do yourself a huge favor... Get a manual before you disassemble!!!

Old 06-21-2005 | 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

I was lucky enough to get myself a zilla over ebay that was a pretty much solid engine mounted in a craphole of a frame. One of my stator cover screws was stripped I just tapped it out to the next size and have had no problems. DEFINATLY invest in a service manual. Also if you want to PM me I belive somewhere I have the entire rebuild article of a Quadzilla reborn from off-road.com somewhere on my computer or it may still be on their website somewhere. it has great info on lots of little tricks and suguestions that they dont tell you in the manual as boldly because the manuals are made for certified mechanics which I know I'm not.

Old 06-22-2005 | 02:42 PM
|
Pro Rider

I read the quadzilla reborn article and by the looks of it on that site I will have to get a bushing pressed into the cases as the ring off bearings due to the aluminium not expanding quick enough. Hope a machine shop can do it here in Ireland cause if not I'll be sending it over to america and that will be pricey. I'm in the process of buying a manual on a cd from ebay. I won't order parts til I've gone through the engine I may replace anything thats worn when I'm gone that far. BTW its the start of my holidays that was well timed, look like racing will be put off for another year.

Old 06-22-2005 | 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I know something that translates well and will make you feel better about your Zilla woes; Guiness! Cheers mate!

Old 06-22-2005 | 03:08 PM
|
Pro Rider

Damn I'm only 16 ah well I'll have a pint of coke instead! LOL

Quick Reply: why the hell can't i just get my zilla goin! its not fair