Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

noisy vinson engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default noisy vinson engine

I have a 2004 vinson 5 speed, with 50 hours on it now, it still has a noise in the engine kind of a rattling sound at lower rpms you can't notice it on a load or when you are accelerating at full throttle anyone else notice this? The shop where I purchased it said that it was perfectly normal, if this is true I'll just have to go ahead and buy the hmf pipe to cover up the sound. Also how often does anyone change their oil in their utility quads?

Old 06-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

I think the noise is perfectly normal. When I first got my Vinny it didn't sound "quite right", or atleast to what I was used to. The first time I heard a Ducati run I thought the clutch or flywheel was going to fall out. I don't hear the sound hardly at all anymore since I rarely ride the bike easy. I think the Vinson motor is a high strung motor. It doesn't like just putting around the woods. It wants to be in the redline kicking roosters.

Old 06-29-2005, 03:12 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the reply, i agree a guy i work with used to have a ducati, it sounded horrible. Yes I know the vinson loves to rev. I am very happy with mine, no problems so far.

Old 06-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Could the rattling be in the muffler. A baffle or something has broken loose on my muffler and makes a rattling noise. As for oil changes. I change my own oil and its no big deal. I would get the oil filter wrench to make it simpler, because a regular oil filter wrench does not work well -- especially for tightening it down.

Old 06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

I have 500 plus miles on my 05 5 speed Vinson and it also has a noise that I thought was the valves. I took it in for a valve adjustment but the noise is still there. Must be normal cause it hasn't gotten any worse. Seems to be just fine.
When doing an oil change I use a large pair of channel locks to get the filter off. When installing the new filter I just bear down on it with my hands to tighten. Hasn't leaked at all when hand tight.

Old 07-06-2005, 04:25 PM
2c3
Pro Rider

mine has a knocking noise also. i called dealer and he said put about 15hrs on it and if its still doing it bring it in and they would look at it. i bought a 4 yr extended warranty with this one so im going to ride it like i stole it. COME ON[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2005, 04:56 PM
Trailblazer

hey stuck how does your hemi run? I've heard a few people say that they arent that happy with em. just wondered

Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

I've been very happy with it. I have 25,000 miles on it and haven't had a problem yet. The Hemi runs great! Plenty of power for what I use it for. I tow a 6 x 12 utility trailer with 3 quads and it pulls it really well. I have also had quad in the bed for a total of 4 quads and 3 passengers and camping gear for a weekend at Hatfiel-McCoy and all 3 passengers were impressed at how well the Hemi did.
I doesn't have the pulling power you would get from a Cummins or a Powerstroke but I don't need all that torque you get with a diesel. If I was do buy a new truck today I would buy another Hemi powered Dodge Ram.

Old 07-18-2005, 12:29 PM
Trailblazer

I just wondered. I have a 2002 supercharged nissan frontier 4x4. My father -in -law just recently bought a regular cab hemi 4x4 he kept talking bs and we finally lined them up he beat me a little off the line but once I got going I passed him and he was mighty ticked, but I still love the sound of that hemi, and they are very nice trucks.

Old 07-20-2005, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

I've heard the Titan has a strong motor. The Titan has a little less horsepower so I would guess it has a weight advantage which gives it better acceleration.

The Titan is a nice looking truck but I still love the looks of the Dodge Ram pickups. I am pleased with the truck and would love to line up against a Titan just to see how they run. I've went up against a late model Chevy with the 5.3 and beat him by quit a few truck lengths.

Quick Reply: noisy vinson engine