Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Eiger Stalled in Water, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eiger Stalled in Water, Help!

I was riding with my neighbor today and we drove through a couple of creeks. The first creek was deep but the water didn't come up to the intake and was barely at the exhaust and my eiger started sputtering like it was going to shutdow, however it made it through. About an hour later we went through a similair creek but shallower and my eiger stalled out! The water was not at the intake and was below the exhaust. In fact the water level came up to half way up the storage box. What could be the problem? I think electrical but don't know exactly. My eiger started about an hour or so after we pulled it out (by a Honda Rancher!) and it started fine and ran fine with no smoke, no water in the crankcase. What should i be looking for to fix this embarrising problem? Thanks for any advice.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like an electrical problem.
Try coating the spark plug procelan, with dieclectic grease, then put the spark plug cap back over it, and see if it goes away. Thats the easiest, and simplest thing to try first. If it doesnt do it, then youll need to look over the other electrical connectors, and pull them apart, dry them out, and pack them full of the same dielectric grease, to waterproof them.
You could try spraying water on the quad, while its running, and maybe you can duplicate the splashing, and narrow down the location of where the short is.

Old 07-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

You can always count on hondabuster to come up with the logical response. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep up the good works!!!

slwhite79, Welcome to the forum. And no, this is not normal. Start er up and start squirting water on er. The spark plug is a good place to start.

Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah try to spark plug trick, if the connection / wire inside the cap get wet, then it wont run worth %#$%.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger Stalled in Water, Help!"></title><script src=

slwhite79. are you running stock exhaust on your eiger? i just put an hmf on my eiger and it sputters in water now did not do it till i put on hmf. i am still trying to solve the problem

Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Eiger Stalled in Water, Help!"></title><script src=

i tried the water hose trick it does not sputter when i take the hose to it