Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

brute force vs King quad final draw

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005 | 01:38 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default brute force vs King quad final draw

alright i narrowed it down to brute force and king quad would any one like to tell me the pro's and con's of each machine and what that do best at and the amount to maintance for the machines.
thank you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005 | 07:13 AM
Trailblazer

i looked at the brute as well and waited on the kq to come out last fall. got the first kq my dealer got, so almost a year on it with 0 probs. had a zuki quadmaster and was very happy with it as well as treatment at dealer. good zuki rep and efi were the reasons i waited on kq. buddy bought a brute and loves it. ive ridden it and it seems to be a fine machine as well. pros and cons; the kq is a biggun but the brute is a monster. couple inches wider and a foot longer. if you want to haul camping gear or hunt, brute might be the way to go. its a good ride, well made,nicely appointed. kq has terrible racks, small with tubing spaced toooo wide. welded in some extra tubing, prob solved. after a year thats my only gripe. efi is the only way to fly. mpg in the low 20s, no need to rejet when riding at elevation. layed mine on its side couple times and rolled it once (all my fault) no gas leak,stuck float or flooding. just upright it wait 20 secs for safety to reset and away you go. easy start in all temps. kq is for sure the best trail mannered big bore ive ever rdden. maybe a little to twitchy at high speed but i ride mostly mtns in ky,tenn,wva so blasting down the trail isnt my thing. in the group i ride with there are all makes of quads and i wouldnt be afraid to ride any of them (except polaris, constantly stopping for them two guys). kq stock tires are crap but thats not unique to zuki. maintenance; both quads are still new to have any real history. with the brute you have 2cyls,2 carbs,2 exhaust,2 plugs all of which have to be kept in sync with each other. in a year of pounding over the mtns ive done nothing to the kq other than change oil and clean the air filter. i think both quads are fine machines and if you take care of them they will take care of you. bottom line; unless you want to carry a whole lot of crap with you go with the kq. whatever you choose, good luck and safe riding!

Old 07-25-2005 | 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

prj5757, I can't comment on the how each rides but the BF is NOT a foot longer than the KQ.....it is 2.8 inches longer to be exact and the BF is also NOT wider, in fact the KQ is 1.3 inches wider. Small stuff, yeah......but I don't think you can go around saying that the BF is a foot longer!!!! I too am looking at an '06 KQ after I see what the '06 Rincon brings.

Old 07-25-2005 | 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you like to get sporty at all, the Brute Force is not the way to go. It's a known fact that the Brute is very tippy at speeds and is almost over-powered for it's chassis. Sure, straight-line performance is awesome, but who really wants that and that only on a sport-utility machine?

Old 07-26-2005 | 07:38 AM
Trailblazer

my bad; stocks is correct about the dimensions. bf is only 3" longer than kq. went back and checked dirt wheels article i was thinking about and it was bf versus grizz with a 6" length difference. maybe its body style or rack size but when i put my kq nexts to harolds bf it looks like a vinson next to mine. wheel base on bf and kq are basically the same. my apology for any misleading info and thanks to stocks for making me go back and check myself. my basic point was that the bf could carry more. i think the kq is the better looking of the two and the smaller racks on it fit its styling just fine but limit its capacities compared to the bf. weight capacities for racks are 30/60 for the kq and 40/80 for the bf. like i said before, this is my only issue with the kq. both my sons ride sport quads so anything that goes with us old dad has to carry. good luck and safe riding!

Old 07-26-2005 | 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

King all the way, between these two. Every magazine out put the Prairie over the Brute, reguardless of were Kawi puts it, Its there wantabe flagship. Goblin hit the nail on the head, the Brute is good in a straight line , thats about it. I don't think it even rides smoother than the prairie. The prairie is an SRA. The King is a very good all around quad. The new 2006 black Kings look kick a$$ IMO.

There would seem to be an improved Rincon on the way that might be worth a look, and if there is any chance you might have an extra 1500 bucks, The BRP 800 is getting rave reviews, from the rags to the new owners. It looks like the quad to beat this year. More power than the brute, V-twin smoothness, EFI, and a IRS that rides like a sportsman and handels like a prairie. This new Bomb 800 is an awsome machine. You can't spend 1500.00-2000.00 on any of the others and get to where the outy 800 is stock.