Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

has anyone had problems with their new z250?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone had problems with their new z250?

I just bought my z250 about a week ago and the thing is having trouble. First, when I rode it for the very first time, I shifted it to 4 and the power on the thing dropped. All of the other gears were smooth and responed to the throttle very smoothly. It started to sputter so I released the throttle and I heard back fire!! This should NOT be happening to a brand new quad!!! Now the thing will not start at all. The dealership I purchased it from is over an hour away from my house. Will it void my 6 month warranty if I let someone local look at it or will it be best to let the dealership handle the problem? Has anyone else had this problem? Help!!! This is my very first quad and so far it's not looking too good.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

I would take it back to the dealer if it's only been a week. Usually it will void your warranty unless you take it to a Suzuki "Authorized" shop. Also check your paper work to see how long the warranty is and it may have a website or phone number where you can check for authorized service centers. When I bought my Z400 I think it was a 6 month warranty. With winter coming I would get it fixed, then get some hours on it in case it recurrs or in case something else goes wrong (unless you ride year round). I'm surprised you even had problems, from what I've heard both the z250 and the Honda 250ex have been very reliable.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

The z250 should have a 6 month warranty, so you should take advantage of the warranty while you have it at the dealer you bought it from or the closest authorized suzuki dealer.

Old 08-23-2005, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? I went all over the place to get this quad because all of the other dealers had the yellow one and I wanted the white one. I finally found one way out of the way cuz all of the other dealers said they cannot get the 05 white model in due to the fact the new 06 will be coming out. I did not want to wait for the 06 model particularly cuz of the graphics on it. I had my heart set on the 05 model. Plus, I waited for 3 months already and could not wait anymore. The summer is almost over and I wanted to enjoy it while the weather is warm. Do you think the quad could have been sitting there at the dealership for awhile and that's what caused some of the problems? It had been sitting outside. Any thoughts?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Range Rover

I had a problem similer to that once, come to find out the choke was on. It makes you feel stupid but sometime,s it happen,s.

Old 08-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Trailblazer

That happend to me once when i was at longview mx. I took one lap and noticed that my engine kept bogging down and all the gears didnt have as much power. So like Chili3 said you should definently check the choke before you call the dealer.

Old 08-24-2005, 03:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider

or maybe u just broke ur quad into to hard but idk

Old 08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

tried the choke and nothing still. i only had a chance to ride the quad about 4 times before all of this happened. this really sucks. i should be riding not thinking there is something major wrong with it. is there such a thing as a lemon quad?

Old 08-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

did you make sure you did the 10 hour break in before you rode hard?????

Old 08-24-2005, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

is this the result if i did not do the 10 hour break in? well, in fact, i really did not have the time to break it in. it quite on me before i had a chance. i do not want to tamper with it cuz i do not want to void the warranty. i did not even get a chance to get to 5 gear on the quad. first time i rode it and got to 4 the power on it dropped fast. i could barely make it home. i had to ride in 2 gear all the way home. i'm i suppose to stay out of 4 for the break in period? i never had anything new before. this is the first.

Quick Reply: has anyone had problems with their new z250?