Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Thinking about Z400; couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about Z400; couple questions

I found out my uncles friend is selling his Z400 and i wanted to buy it. i had a couple questions tho. Ive only ridden a Z once and it wasnt for very long. If i remember correctly they sit fairly high and are a little tippy. how tippy are they really? i know they are plenty stable but compared to all other sportquads. i would like ot know cuz i really like stability and wide quads. Is it just a matter of body english? The guy is selling it for $2700. Its yellow and has bumpers, 4 sets of tires including paddles, exhaust (not sure what kind), nerfs, flame seat cover, works from suspension, and an aftermarket CDI. Thats all i know of so far but it sounds like a good deal to me. I plan to ride it sometime in the near future but wanted a little advise. Thanks in advance...

-StrongTyer

Old 09-07-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thats a good price for that z,you should go for it,if its in good shape and nothings wrong with it.Also the z's handling is great not tippy at all,atleast it is to me.The rap 660 handling is pretty bad,but the z400's handling is one of the best.

Old 09-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

I think a lot of it is rider preference and the way you ride. I have a Z400 and a raptor 660. I've never had any problems with either. I'm not saying the raptor won't tip easier, just look at the specs compared to others, but once you ride it for a while you just get a feel for how it responds. Maybe I just use more body english without realizing it. $2,700 for a Z400 with all those extras is a killer price . . . IF it is in good shape and runs strong. I would check it over closely. Maybe he just wants to get rid of it.

Old 09-07-2005, 02:20 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't worry they are NOT tippy!! If it's in good shape snag it!!!

Old 09-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LTZevil400
Don't worry they are NOT tippy!! If it's in good shape snag it!!!
ditto

sounds like a good deal to me

Old 09-10-2005, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tippy? Geez not at all, not even a little.

Old 09-10-2005, 02:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ss97
tippy? Geez not at all, not even a little.
nope[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Mines not tippy at all. In fact the only time I've really noticed it getting tippy was a fast downhill, really sharp left between 2 trees, right after a quick drop off a big rock AND banked the opposite way for the turn. I felt the rear left wheel lift but it would've with anything. I think they're really nimble in the woods. I just wish they turned sharper. The front wheels don't turn as sharp as my brother's 400 ex. I think they probably did this for 2 reasons: 1) So they won't be tippy 2)If you could turn the wheels that sharp, I don't think it would really turn that good. I think it would just push or lift up the front.

Old 09-18-2005, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

wow, i got a chance to "test ride" it today for like 6 hours. it was a blast. it had so much more power than my blaster... well obviously. the works suspension works amazing and it wheelies really nice. its not tippy, just has a higher center of gravity. thats what i had to get used to. my blaster is low and wide but since the Z400 has a little bit higher seat height it helps with its wheelying ability. it was way fun to ride. jumping was easy and landings were soaked up no porblem. its balanced real well. me and my uncle built a new jump and revised an old one (made it bigger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) i had a really good day today. lol! i am seriously considering getting it. its a great buy for $2700.

more details on the mods....

works front suspension (shock covers), flame seatcover, new TAG handle bars with black acerbis handgaurds, razrs all around on ITP rims, nerf bars, heel gaurds, radiator scoops, Dr.R exaust system, aftermarket CDI, and i think thats it.

thanks for the advise everyone. ill post pictures of my ride when i get the pics on my comp. too bad i didnt have my video camera... there is one picture of it in my profile from like, a year ago when i rode it for like 10 minutes.

btw-mucky, your Z is very nice!

Old 09-18-2005, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
wow, i got a chance to "test ride" it today for like 6 hours. it was a blast. it had so much more power than my blaster... well obviously. the works suspension works amazing and it wheelies really nice. its not tippy, just has a higher center of gravity. thats what i had to get used to. my blaster is low and wide but since the Z400 has a little bit higher seat height it helps with its wheelying ability. it was way fun to ride. jumping was easy and landings were soaked up no porblem. its balanced real well. me and my uncle built a new jump and revised an old one (made it bigger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) i had a really good day today. lol! i am seriously considering getting it. its a great buy for $2700.

more details on the mods....

works front suspension (shock covers), flame seatcover, new TAG handle bars with black acerbis handgaurds, razrs all around on ITP rims, nerf bars, heel gaurds, radiator scoops, Dr.R exaust system, aftermarket CDI, and i think thats it.

thanks for the advise everyone. ill post pictures of my ride when i get the pics on my comp. too bad i didnt have my video camera... there is one picture of it in my profile from like, a year ago when i rode it for like 10 minutes.

btw-mucky, your Z is very nice!
looks like it's time to change "...i want a yfz" to ...I love my z

Quick Reply: Thinking about Z400; couple questions