Thinking about Z400; couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about Z400; couple questions

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
wow, i got a chance to "test ride" it today for like 6 hours. it was a blast. it had so much more power than my blaster... well obviously. the works suspension works amazing and it wheelies really nice. its not tippy, just has a higher center of gravity. thats what i had to get used to. my blaster is low and wide but since the Z400 has a little bit higher seat height it helps with its wheelying ability. it was way fun to ride. jumping was easy and landings were soaked up no porblem. its balanced real well. me and my uncle built a new jump and revised an old one (made it bigger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) i had a really good day today. lol! i am seriously considering getting it. its a great buy for $2700.

more details on the mods....

works front suspension (shock covers), flame seatcover, new TAG handle bars with black acerbis handgaurds, razrs all around on ITP rims, nerf bars, heel gaurds, radiator scoops, Dr.R exaust system, aftermarket CDI, and i think thats it.

thanks for the advise everyone. ill post pictures of my ride when i get the pics on my comp. too bad i didnt have my video camera... there is one picture of it in my profile from like, a year ago when i rode it for like 10 minutes.

btw-mucky, your Z is very nice!
looks like it's time to change "...i want a yfz" to ...I love my z
yup thats what i did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2005, 05:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

sounds like a steal to me

go for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-18-2005, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garrett5462
Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
wow, i got a chance to "test ride" it today for like 6 hours. it was a blast. it had so much more power than my blaster... well obviously. the works suspension works amazing and it wheelies really nice. its not tippy, just has a higher center of gravity. thats what i had to get used to. my blaster is low and wide but since the Z400 has a little bit higher seat height it helps with its wheelying ability. it was way fun to ride. jumping was easy and landings were soaked up no porblem. its balanced real well. me and my uncle built a new jump and revised an old one (made it bigger [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]) i had a really good day today. lol! i am seriously considering getting it. its a great buy for $2700.

more details on the mods....

works front suspension (shock covers), flame seatcover, new TAG handle bars with black acerbis handgaurds, razrs all around on ITP rims, nerf bars, heel gaurds, radiator scoops, Dr.R exaust system, aftermarket CDI, and i think thats it.

thanks for the advise everyone. ill post pictures of my ride when i get the pics on my comp. too bad i didnt have my video camera... there is one picture of it in my profile from like, a year ago when i rode it for like 10 minutes.

btw-mucky, your Z is very nice!
looks like it's time to change "...i want a yfz" to ...I love my z
yup thats what i did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
no, i still want i yfz. i love them. especially the looks but this Z is such a good deal and its 100% more fun than the blaster. the Z looks good too, might i add. i might either cut the fenders or widen it out tho. it looks kinda cramped or "compact" im a way, i guess.

Old 09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

YEAHHHHHHH!!!! IM GETTIN IT!!! IM SO HAPPY!!! thanks again for the info guys...

Old 09-20-2005, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

Bought my 2005 Z400 for the high seating. I'am 6'3" and have found it to be the best fit for me. As far as tipping I haven't had no problem's. Sounds like A great buy, Go for it. One word of advice get the front of the frame reinforced. They tend to be weak and bend on impact.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Range Rover

z400s are beautiful only thing is that the stock front tires dont grab very well.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 400EXtreme1
z400s are beautiful only thing is that the stock front tires dont grab very well.
thats ok, its got holeshots up front on ITP rims [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. personally i do think it is a little tippy at high speeds. i dont feel the confidence i had on my blaster aroud corners. maybe its just faster, maybe i need to get used to it, maybe its the seat height.... im not sure. but it does come up on 2 wheels a lot easier than my blaster. keep in mind that my blaster is widened out a ton and is running holeshot rear tires so that helps a bunch with the blaster's tippyness.

i wish the Z was just a little bit wider. another mod i forgot to add was a K&N Filter... oh yeah, and frame gaurds...

i was switching rides yesterday. i was test riding the Z around and then switching to my uncles yfz and back to the Z again. its deffinently a lot more comforable. less aggressive style ride position. its wheelies a WHOLE lot better. it can be hard to get the yfz's front end up high. it surely has enough power but its not designed to come up. the yfz does have a VERY noticable power band tho! holy crap! that thing pulls hard! its like a banshee powerband. man! i was in 4th gear, low RPM's and i nailed the gas, spun out till i got traction and from there on i just took off. wow! i was thinking, holy crap, i have one more gear to go... the Z's power band is a lot more smooth. i dont know why im rambling. most of you guys should probably know this.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Congrats.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I haven't ridden an 06 yfz, but from what I hear the motor mods did a lot to smooth out the power delivery. Some people like that abrupt hit, but it's better to have a smooth, consistant power delivery.

Old 09-22-2005, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't ridden an 06 yfz, but from what I hear the motor mods did a lot to smooth out the power delivery. Some people like that abrupt hit, but it's better to have a smooth, consistant power delivery.
yeah, i havent either. the power hit is awesome but smoother powerbands are definently easier to ride... unlessl you get really good at the machine.