Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

a few z400 inquiries

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few z400 inquiries

alright, my stock tires are getting within a couple months of being replaced and I'm wondering what you all might suggest. On my old 250 I have razr's and am very impressed with them. I do like my radials tho and am looking into considering the Razr radials, I-Razr's. What are all your thoughts.
Secondly, looking to buy a full system for my Z, my best friend has a trc carbon-titanium system on his yfz and he is extremely impressed. I am considering this system as well, my question is, is the TRC system that much more worth it than just like a RS3 system with carbon and stainless steel header? along with the yosh im buying a power pack.
my type of riding is mostly trail riding, so bottom and mid range are key, but top end is welcome as well.
And finally, do the 05 Z shocks fit on a 03, and would they be worth buying like used off ebay. my friend with the yfz suggested he and I c if his fit on mine and if they do buy a set.

Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I heard from a salemen at my local dealer and he said the new shocks on the front of the 05' and up z400's will not fit on the 03's because something to do with the mounts are different. Besides judging by parts prices off ronnies.com the front shocks on the new z are around $220 a piece. You can get much better after market shocks for around $450 anyways. As for tires the i-Razr's are really good, I got razr2's coming for mine but I was surprised that the I-razr's could weigh more and offer far less traction. As for diffs in the RS3 and TRC I know with the headpipe its a diff bend what not. I personally would get the TRC carbon-titanium combo if I had a couple extra $100 lying around and if not then would settle for the rs3 carbon-stainless. Just hope it sounds as good and throaty like the rs3 does cause Ive heard those but not the trc.

Old 10-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

well first of all thanx for the info, secondly: my friend's yfz sounds mighty good with the trc, a real punch sound, when he even hits the throttle it just roars (no SA in it)

Old 10-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

roars lol...thats what i like to hear. thanks, i too think im gonna go with the trc if im not broke but I want to do all engine related mods at once so I hopefully wont have to tear it apart a month later to install something esle which means Im gonna be buying my z450 kit, cams, cdi, carb, exhaust, airfilter and jets all at once [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

At one time someone had posted a pipe shootout for the z. I think it was the ct that made the most additional hp. But you gotta look at the dyno charts and see where the hp is being made. The one that won made most up top. I'm getting the hmf because it makes more on the bottom and is pretty consistant throughout the band and you can get the full system pretty cheap through A&B extreme, which is a preferred vendor through this forum. The yosh chart looked pretty choppy, it was zig-zaggy all the way up. I do a lot of trail riding, not mx so I wanted more low and mid. I have a hmf pipe and big gun cdi, which advances the timing (more low end grunt) and also brings the rev limiter up by 1200. This thing should be very tourquey after I install these things.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 AM
Trailblazer

yea i read the dirt wheels shootout for the Z, but one thing I also have to consider is sound, because i live in a suburban neighborhood, and the land i ride on is right next to it, within hearing distance of it, but for my 4H ATV club, sound isnt a factor, so for around my house I need quiet, but 4H, let er rip. So with the yosh, the tec kit brings it down very reasonably, so that's one reason i really like the yosh. Anyone know a good distributer of yoshimura, i've been looking at places like, rockymountainatv, gopartsdirect, but I still need to ask my friend where he got his TRC, because I remember he got a very good deal.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

You can get quiet core for the hmf, a lot cheaper too.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Trailblazer

true but ive read the hmf quiet core brings it down 5-6 db, from around 105 db, so not that quiet, 102db without SA for the yosh and then down to 92 or so with the quiet core is pretty remarkable. my buddy got his from magic racing @ magicracing.com if anyone is interested, i checked their prices and gopartsdirect is still lower, they are the lowest I have found so far at around 670 for the TRC carbon-titanium system, and 433 for the full CF comp system. I'm pretty sure my friend with the yfz has a comp system, because he got it for around 500 he said, from magic racing, and they have it for 490 currently. So because its around 240 difference, and I'm kinda on a moderate budget, and I dont think it would make a 240 dollar difference, I'm going with the rs-3 comp CF-stainless steel header system, and along with it a powerpack, and possibly shortly after a rev box, probably big gun, but maybe yosh if i decide to go all yosh.