Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?

It's been one year now since the new King Quad became available. How do you like it and how do you think it compares to the other big bore Sport Utility machines out there?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

my cousin has one and it's a great machine. it has more mid and top end power than my grizzly, but it can't do wheelies nearly as good if even at all! you also can't go faster than 10 mph in diff lock and there is no override button for it. that almost defeats the purpose of a diff lock. one more thing, if you gun it in 4wd the front tires try to pull you in every direction. other than that, it handles very good(at moderate speeds), awesome ride,it's quiet, and as far as i can tell, reliable.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Range Rover

No override for the diff lock? There is an override, I dont use it all that much but there is most definitely an override. Kinda wierd about it hitting the limiter at 10 mph in high and around 20 mph in low. Seems backwards to me.
Anyway as for the original question, I really like the king. My biggest gripe is the lag and now it sounds like that will be taken care of (thanks Yosh) so I couldnt be happier. If someone could do the caster change for me it would be just about perfect IMO.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

the override on the king is for the reverse, not the difflock like it should be.

Old 10-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Love it. Best bang-for-the-buck you can get in a sport-utility right now in my opinion, with the Bombardier being priced so high.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Bucksot, I don't know about your cousins bike, but when I'm in high and in 4 wheel and diff locked I rev out at 10mph but if I hit overide I get full power. Also I can wheelie in high or low with no problem and ride it for at least a 100yds if wanted. The only mod I have is that I removed the snorkel.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Range Rover

Buckshot, the kings override is for both. If your cousins bike is different than he needs to have it fixed. If it were only for reverse that would be worthless, but I can assure you it is not.

Trending Topics

Old 10-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Trailblazer

i love it the best quad ive had ive got 1500 miles on mine now with only oil changes ...ive done mods and its just awsome...

Old 10-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

They don't call it King for nothing. No low end grunt? ........say's who? Not on my machine. recently shot a 300lb. black bear in a 'hole". The King had no problem getting this large bruin out of there. I only see this machine getting better with age.

Old 10-12-2005, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

The air filter lets dirt into the motor. Suzuki will not admit there is a problem yet but they will soon. Don't buy one wait another year, the problems are just starting to show up.

Quick Reply: One year after introduction how do you like the King Quad?