Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Any advise on unleshing the King Quad? clutching, ect.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any advise on unleshing the King Quad? clutching, ect.

How long does it take to get past 10mph on the KQ? 2 seconds or so? just asking....
It's like less than a second, I'm not over exaggerating either. The thing about the module that makes me want it so much is simply because if the power is there I want to be able to use it and it really makes something seem more powerful when the powerband hits right away..and I know for a fact that this engine is has quite a bit more power because a guy on Nyroc's forum said he changed a King Quad back to an unrestricted carb to see how much power it really has and he gained 4 quad lenghs in a 300ft drag from stock, that's a huge performance gain and one well worth $300 to me.

Old 10-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

toyeboy,

one second? Then why would anybody buy the ecm that costs $300 to make that low end lag more powerful. If it is only one second than I could sit at the bottom of a HUGE hill climb, where speed matters, with only 30 ft to the hill and punch it and I should do fine, right?

Old 10-17-2005, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider

Because for most people including me the more power the better, and it is noticable after 9mph how much faster it accelerates and I want that hard hitting power starting at 1mph.

You could easily climb a hill from 30ft out, the power after 9mph is very strong and would be fine, a lot of people want to get rid of the low end lag so they can ride wheelies and some want more power to turn the bigger tires from a dead stop, but for just accelerating towards a hill a punching the throttle the low end lag isn't as noticable simply because the mid range powerband kicks in so strong. Don't let this talk about low end lag scare you away from the King Quad, it's a very good machine and to a lot of people the lag isn't even an issue, it's just an issue if your use to hard hitting power and your a power hunger guy like some of us.