Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

LT 80 too much gas

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:37 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT 80 too much gas

My son's LT 80s cylinder head is filling up with gas, allot of gas. It has so much in there that the exhaust pipe has gas in it also. The motor will not turn over until I pull the spark plug. I'm sure it is a carb. problem. What do I need to do?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer

Take the carb out, clean it and put it back in. Sounds like a float problem to me.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sounds like a plan, I'll try that, thanks

Old 10-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Found a problem in the carb. & fixed it. Don't have the fuel line hooked up yet. But gas is still coming out when I turn the engine over, without the spark plug in. Could the crankcase be full of gas? How do I get it out of there. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this bike does not have engine oil, only tranny oil.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]correct it only has tranny oil. i had the same prob i figured it was my petcock (not turning off) i disconnected my fuel lines totally and drained all the fuel from the tank cause momma wasnt happy when the garage filled up with vapors. tried to start and the 80 would bearly crank over (fuel on top of the piston i figured.)keep in mind this is a totall brand new motor that i rebuilt. i have been working so much that i havent had any time to get into it. can you tell me what you found? was it a float prob? petcock? to answer your question i know there is no gasket between the 2 case halves so i would let it set in a well ventilated area for a while and mabey the fuel from the crankcase will drain out by itself. that is what i was told. should you crank it over and out the plug hole? i have no idea. this is my situation. thats why its setting.let me know what you find. if you need any more assistance you can post this on the kid quad forum and get a rasponse from a guy that goes by the name lt80. he knows his stuff. i'm a amature. thanks, sandmouse [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]