Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

KQ owners, look at this video & tell me why the sportsman 700 pulls the sled easily and the KQ can't even move it.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KQ owners, look at this video & tell me why the sportsman 700 pulls the sled easily and the KQ can't even move it.

Video, click here

Then click the video with the KQ

Why wasn't the king quad able to pull the sled at all while the sportsman 700 could pull it rather easily?

This makes no sense to me.

Is it because of the thing I heard about Suzuki retarding the timing under 10 mph on the kq?

Is it because the sportsman is heavier?

I still think the KQ should have been able to pull it.

I'd really like to know?

By the way, I am a big fan of the kq.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Range Rover
Default KQ owners, look at this video & tell me why the sportsman 700 pulls the sled easily and the KQ can't even move it.

The answer is simple: Because it's a Polaris website! I wouldn't believe any kind of test results that are displayed on any given manufacturer's website.

Old 10-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

dshoe is on the money. Do you really think Polaris is going to produce a video of their products getting smoked?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I am the 3rd in line now that agrees with the first reply. Even if the tables were turned and it was Suzuki's video showing them kill the Polaris I still wouldn't give it any thought.....these are companies in it to make money...nobody is going to produce a video that shows a truly fair test. Why? It is because no ONE atv can master EVERTHING and then it would be up to the public to see through certain tests and manufacturers that have been in business for decades and have spent millions developing their brand are not going to turn around and put all of that on the line for one truly fair test where their bike doesn't win every single test. (because we know that there isn't a quad that exists that can do everything the best)

What if Suzuki, Yamaha, and/or Honda made the same video's against Polaris? I'm sure we can all put our heads together and think of all kinds of reasons why Polaris isn't the best in every category (again.....nobody is).......how about their reliability, their weight,?

Old 10-24-2005, 01:46 AM
Trailblazer

What an eye opener, gee whiz. I suspect Suzuki is hard at work developing a heavier, uglier quad with bottled water and jacket storage. Throw in a higher low end and wow!!!!! Finally the drag something in grass was a true test of dragging something in grass.

Having seen that ad produced by Polarus, I will keep in mind, water storage, jacket storage, too high a low end and dragging something across the yard. I will give extra credit to the wheel deal though but not much. Ugly and weight is a consideration.

Drag something in the grass? my aching arsse!!!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 03:14 AM
Pro Rider

Is the KQ really limited to 17 mph in 4x4 mode???
That would suck!

Jim

Old 10-24-2005, 06:29 AM
Pro Rider

I was going to go look at the weights and post what BS that test might be..... IF the weight of the quads was minor.

It IS, in fact a ~160 pound difference. (polaris heavier, of course)

160 lbs more weight, plus a better tire would be enough to render that video "real".

Think about it. The polaris DOES have 160 pounds more weight on those tires. IF they filled that rock sled JUST to the point where the Suzuki would not move it, the polaris WOULD in fact move it AT THAT POINT due to its extra weight, and possibly a better tire. (not to mention the variables, such as them inflating the Zuk's tires rock hard, while lowering the Polaris' tires pressure, ect.

Im sure the test was real... although im also sure that they did whatever possible in the staging of that test to make sure the polaris pulled it, and the lighter zuk did not.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of that video is smoke and mirrors. I think Mr350X is right on the money though. Marketing companies excel at making a disadvantage in the real world(more weight) look like an advantage in advertising. Better tire just made it that much easier to try and spoof us.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Range Rover

That is the most rigged set of tests I have seen besides the ones on TV with the new Bomb. Polaris will do whatever they need to do to make sure their quads perform the tests while the others fail.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jimmypsp700
Is the KQ really limited to 17 mph in 4x4 mode???
That would suck!

Jim
In diff lock mode only. Note the KQ takes it off the line before the rev limiter kicks in. This video means nothing, what means something was the absolute piece of crap the Polaris PWC I had was--never buying Polaris again--ANYTHING!

Quick Reply: KQ owners, look at this video & tell me why the sportsman 700 pulls the sled easily and the KQ can't even move it.