Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Holy Crap.. LT-R450

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Holy Crap.. LT-R450

Originally posted by: Sandgod
I noticed that dirtwheels took credit for the race quad too. I think it was that little bicycle company that woke the 800lb gorillas out of thier coma's... The new Suzy looks nice. Makes the new Honda seem like it's already 5 yrs old..
It's a shame that the little bicycle company didn't have the marketing budget and R&D funds like Suzuki does. Maybe they would'nt be ATK today. Seems like this always happens in business though. How many people out there know the Dales have been EFI for so long?
Well at least they are still making some decent down hill bikes.

Old 11-03-2005, 12:38 PM
TPR
The Champ

Mid 40's RWHP sounds reasonable at the rear wheels for the LT-R450 with stock exhaust. Our engine builder has his personal z-400 putting down 46rwhp with a 12:1 400cc piston, his own CNC head, big valves and custom cam grind with CRF 450r carb feeding race gas to the beast. I know their dyno is accurate as they had the exact RWHP rating for my stock motor 2000 400ex, which was 28rwhp (We're doing somthng to change that) So I believe that mid 40's rwhp is attainable with a properly built Z450. I believe Alba has done a 57hp pull with their 470 desert kit which runs like a scalded dog!!

Bottom line is that until someone other than Suzuki actually tests this thing against the competition, we won't know. But I'd bet stock for stock, at best the R450 is 1-2 quad lengths better in a 300 yard race assuuming you replace the 18" rears with comparable rear rubber to the YFZ and 450R. Just look at how close the 450 two wheelers compare, it always comes down to who did their homework just a little bit better and that changes from update to update.

TPR

Old 11-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
Just look at how close the 450 two wheelers compare, it always comes down to who did their homework just a little bit better and that changes from update to update.
If that isn't the truth. The current crop of dirtbikes are getting to be simply amazing and are so close to being perfection. I think quads are finally starting to take this path of fine-tuning their machines every year. The yfz gets nice changes every year, the 450R really got some needed updates in a 2 year span, the Z400 got nice uprades last year as well. When up until now you wouldn't see a change on a quad for at least 5 years, and even then it was much.

And I also found it rediculous how Dirtwheels took the credit for this machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] I think dirtwheels is a pretty good mag, but they consistantly take credit for things.

Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer

well then the yosh website lies about their z450 kit putting out 50 rwhp, and i never said it wouldnt spank the new z, and where did u c he tested it because i havnt seen that info anywhere, all i said was it had more hp.
I can prove it: http://store.yoshimura-rd.com/storef...tid=Estore-812

Old 11-03-2005, 02:45 PM
TPR
The Champ

If you look in the last issue where they show historical things they have done (Floating a quad in a pool etc. ) They talked about how their project TRX 600r Project in 1998 prompted Honda to release the 400ex and Yamaha to build the Raptor!!!

So what is it then? We know they base tests on the size of the checks the companies pay them, but then again, they are the ones who caused the companies to create these atv's? Next thing you know, they will take credit for Honda's ATC 90 because one of the editors put wheelbarrow tires on his tricycle 2 years before??? I like Dirty Wheels for refrence, but little else.

TPR

Old 11-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: alwaysAz400rider
i heard the pros are running the 450 near stock

HeHe, Yeah Right... I have NEVER seen a PRO in any industry use anything STOCK..

Especially since the PRO's are constantly testing new parts.. Its always nice to think that we have the same machine as a PRO has... even though in reality the PRO's machine probably has very few parts that come on anything we purchase...

-ThaChad

Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

he did say NEAR stock.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RippnZ400
where did u c he tested it because i havnt seen that info anywhere, all i said was it had more hp.
I can prove it: http://store.yoshimura-rd.com/storefront/ProductDetail.asp?code=J%3DTC%3CVGE&ProductSKU=ESt ore-40792&catid=Estore-812
I don't have to read the mags to get the scoop! I live 3 miles from Jones!

Old 11-04-2005, 02:31 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: ThaChad
HeHe, Yeah Right... I have NEVER seen a PRO in any industry use anything STOCK..

Especially since the PRO's are constantly testing new parts.. Its always nice to think that we have the same machine as a PRO has... even though in reality the PRO's machine probably has very few parts that come on anything we purchase...

-ThaChad
These days we can almost buy everything they can. There's only a few things that the public can not buy, like parts from the actual manufacturer that are made specifically for their factory riders. Even Pro's that are "privateer's" can't get them.

Old 11-04-2005, 03:27 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: ThaChad

-ThaChad
These days we can almost buy everything they can. There's only a few things that the public can not buy, like parts from the actual manufacturer that are made specifically for their factory riders. Even Pro's that are "privateer's" can't get them.

Motox is absoulutely right on that one. I think the term for those items is Unobtanium.

TPR

Quick Reply: Holy Crap.. LT-R450