Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

05 king quad tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 king quad tires

Ill have to look that up, but I think that I paid $630 for the rims and tires. I know there are better deals out there but I wanted them right then and went down to rocky mountain atv (about a 20 min. drive) and had them mount them up.
Its not necessary to get new rims infact the rims that are in the pics with my bighorns are the stock rims, I just painted them black.
Another tire I would love to try out and would probebly replace the mudlites with is the MST's Ive read nothing but good about those.
Good luck, next to the quad tires make the most diff. IMO

Old 11-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Range Rover

I am running bighorns on my Vinson and they did great in the snow last weekend. I ride with a guy on a praire 650. He has mudlites. He did well in the snow as well. We ride together most of the time and after he saw the performance of the Bighorns he stated that he would probably buy bighorns when the mudlites wear out. I get a real smooth ride with mine on all surfices. I am going to buy a KQ in March and will put bighorns on it. I am just not sure if I will go with 26" or 27" for it. I like the fact that the Big Horns are radials. That pushes them over the edge on the decision over the Mudlites. Of course there is a radial mudlite out now but man are they pricey!

Old 11-07-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Utah,

Thanks, I'm sold! All I needed to hear is that they handle, grip, and wear as good as they look!

Old 11-07-2005, 03:06 AM
Range Rover

Utah,

What psi are you running in the snow with the bighorns? How do you think you do in the mud compaired to your buddies mudlites? and are your buddies mudlites have the 1 1/4" lug or the smaller one. I havnt run into any mud with my bighorns yet either, cant wait for winter riding.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Range Rover

I was running normal pressure (5.0 and 4.5) that day as we hit rain and snow. It started out sunny. They handled mud as well as my buds. His are the larger lug tires but not the radials. My ride is a bit more comfortable than his on hardpack. We are heading up to play in the snow this Saturday. I will probably lower the PSI if we get into deeper stuff.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Utah & KingMe,

I know I have asked both of you ?'s b4 and I appreciate it....sorry to be a pest! I love this stuff though!

The '06 KQ comes with black rims (which I kind of like) but after I wear down (at least partly) the "free" crappy tires that come on and go for some Big Horns why do people replace the rims and go with those packages the mags and websites push with like the ITP rims (type 4,5,6, 7...).

Are those rims better? More Sturdy? Lighter? Or is mainly just for looks? Are the stock rims really that bad that you wouldn't want to mount the Big Horns (or mudlites....) to them? Just curious because in those packages of 4 tires and rims mounted for you already it looks like the tires about 60% of the $600 or so and the rims are about 40% of the cost.....it would be nice to save that 40% unless you are kind of defeating the purpose somewhat.

I guess if I could ask my 43rd question here it would be are the stocks '06 KQ black rims going to scratch fairly easily...I would think the answer is a yes and that if someone replaced them they would probably go back to the polished ones that don't rust. Is aluminum the best? (ok 44 questions...)

Old 11-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Range Rover

I personally do not like the black wheels (I like Suzuki yellow so you can judge my taste accordingly!) I will get either Maxxis wheels or ITP wheels. The stock wheels are cheaper made. I was told by a dealer that they use cheap, lightweight material to keep the total weight of the machine down to the magic 604 number. Some aftermarket wheels are lighter weight than factory, but of better material. I am going with aftermarket mostly because I don't like the black wheels on the 06. I do like the factory wheels on my Vinsons. They have gotten a bit beat up but still work as designed.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

Utah,

Was that you I was talking to on the Suzuki yellow? I didn't mean much by it. It isn't a bad color, I don't know it just isn't a real manly color on a utility quad but the great thing is that my opinion only goes as far as what I buy....I like green and I can't explain why....

As I am interested in an '06 KQ, it is good to hear that you own 2 Vinson's and are well aware of a few glitches with the KQ and are still sticking with it for '06.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

Ya, that was me! But I can take it. I love the Suzuki yellow. I don't care for Polaris, Honda or Bomb's yellow but Suzuki's grabs me. We all have an opinion and that is good. Yes, I am still on for buying a KQ in March or so. I have owned six Suzuki's since 1981 and have loved them. I have owned Honda's and Yamaha's as well. Nothing against them but Suzuki seems to always come up with the features I am looking for. They all have glitches at some point but Suzuki treated me right when the tranny went out on one of the Vinsons. It was out of warranty but they fixed it anyway (with some pressure from my dealer of course). When are you looking at buying?

Old 11-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Utah,

Even though you aren't even remotely asking for this, I apologize. I guess (?) I was just expressing my opinion.....which is worth about, well,......my quad only, right.....

I am wanting a KQ ('06) as well. I am losing my job right before Thanksgiving and I am getting a small severance but I need to find another job asap. I have an interview on Thurs morn and we will see! One of the reasons I want an '06 is that I have known about the job transition for many months now and my quad purchase has always (in my mind) depended on me having a job very closely after losing this one. (unfortunately MetLife is moving to Hartford, CT) since they purchased Traveler's)

Another good thing is the reverse fix, beefier tie rods (supposedly), and I might as well throw in the new green....I know, I know...you can let me have it but I like the new puke green on the '06's. I like it as a big bore for my 1st atv purchase because it has those features that I want (IRS, EFI...) and the price tag isn't as hefty as some. I hear all of this talk about the Out 800 but I think it would take a lot for me to "need" more than a 700....maybe I eat my words in months/years to come but on trails, hills, creek beds....700cc has to be able to get the job done and then some! I know many will boooo this but I still like the new Rincon as well with a great ride, IRS, and EFI...but the engine braking for some of the hills MO has to offer scares me and they are also priced higher. That is some of my basis for a KQ......how about you?

Quick Reply: 05 king quad tires