Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

05 king quad tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 king quad tires

hey im new to this but my question is, if i put 26 in. mudzillas on my stock rims, would i lose much power and is it a good or bad idea to even do that? some feedback would be nice so i can soon purchase these tires. thanks. if its not good what mods need to be done to make it a better idea?

Old 11-05-2005, 08:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

You will be fine with a 26" Mudlite as there are a lot of people running 27's on stock wheels. I've got 27's with Type 5 wheels with almost no power loss. I don't drag race it so I am not too worried about it.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

are you happy with those mudlites. most people that have them cant say enough good about them. well thank you for you input, it makes things easier. thanks

Old 11-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love them so far. I ride mostly woods, trails, and creeks. I rarely ever have to use 4wd since I have added the tires.

Old 11-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

Mudzillas will ride horrible in anything BUT mud and are pretty heavy. While ITP Mudlites perform well for all-around use, they are traditionally not a very tough tire and wear fairly quickly in comparison to other mud tires. Check out the Supergrip Superlites: same tread pattern as Mudlites, same weight, tougher rubber composition and cheaper.

Old 11-06-2005, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider

RG,

What do you think about the Maxxis BigHorns? I have heard really good things about them and their wear... (Curls' quad looks great with them) That is probably what I would end up with buy wanted an opinion from you if you know anything about them.

I would be riding MO/IL trails of mud, hard pack dirt, creek beds, small to med rocks, some snow...

Old 11-06-2005, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider

Depends how hardcore the mud is that you ride, but I think they would work. Kind of expensive, but a nice tire indeed.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

RG,

I thought the Big Horns would do ok for mud but were better for overall grip on many different kinds of trails...not just mud. Curls paid $600 for 4 mounted on a nice set of ITP rims....I actually thought that was a decent price but I don't know that for sure.

Well what do you think is the best overall trail tire then to do what you want it to (outside of the deep mud) but still wear really well? On a truck that is the BF Goodrich All Terrain for me hands down but on an atv.......

Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

How you doing stocks, I have the bighorns and think they are a very nice trail tire. They give me the impression they will last a long time. That said, I like the mudlites a little more in sloppy conditions. It should start snowing around here soon and I am eager to see how the bighorns do in the snow compaired to the lites wich did awsome IMO this last winter. The mudlites are a little rougher ride but in soft material they do real well. Ill give a review of the bighorns in snow as soon as we get some.
Check into the dirt tamers they are the same basic tire as the bighorns just made by someone else and I thought they were cheaper.

Old 11-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

KingMe,

What's up?!? I will look into that tire! What again did you pay for your Mud Lights (and rims?)? Just curious. I went back and look at your pics and sure enough....your red KQ is my screen saver at work....looks good!

Is it necessary to get rims too when replacing the junk stock tire?

Quick Reply: 05 king quad tires