Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Camouflage - Anyone done their own?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camouflage - Anyone done their own?

Has anyone camouflaged their own machine? I see there are stick on sheets available on the market, some are even listed as permanent. I just received a brochure from one company and I am just hesitant. I am considering doing my 05 KQ (green).

If anyone has done this.... was it a pain in the butt? How were the results? Got any tips or pictures you can post?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Old 12-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

After finding NO products to protect the fenders on my green 05 and also finding NO products to get rid of the scratches(even though they all claimed miracles), I bought some Cabela's camo tape and just used it on the wheel openings up to the ridge over the wheel wells. Mostly to give some protection and also to cover the scratches from woods riding. Surprisingly looks pretty good. I'll post some pictures if you like. Pretty much a pain installing it around the curves, had to stretch and trim seams where it wouldn't lay flat. Took about an hour total and it seems to be holding up fairly good. Had to use some spray adhesive in several sections to get it to stick good even though it has adhesive on the backing. Have had it in mud, snow, and more woods and still looks good. It's a fabric type stuff and if it gets torn up I'll probably replace it with more of the same at least until I can find something better.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:34 PM
Range Rover

There is a guy named Moonhole on the highlifter site who has done his king in the camo clad brand. I asked him a bunch of questions and he was very helpfull. I have ordered some and plan on doing mine as soon as I get it. Cost was around $120 which is alot better than $1000 + for the 06 camo plastic.
If you have any questions, Ill answer them if I know. There are pics of his on highlifter if your interested. I thought it looked great.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

I will go look. I did get a catalog in the mail from camo clad.

Bob

Old 12-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

I just remembered this site from almost a year ago... check it out. hope it helps.
camowraps.com here is a link to a KQ being done up.
KQ pics