Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad upgrades??????????

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad upgrades??????????

Toyeboy,
The 360 Prarie I have been riding weighs 605Lbs. The Outlander 800 weighs 639 Lbs. The KQ is somewhere around 605Lbs as well. I don't think an extra 44 Lbs is going to make a difference. I do not plan on using all of the power. I just want something I will grow into this time instead of outgrow so quickly. I have had the Prarie land on me so I am aware of the fact that it is alot of weight. Luckily I had a chest protector on and was riding in the snow so I was not hurt. Keeping my fingers crossed for next time.

Old 12-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

Megan,

I personally think you are just caught up in the excitement of having to have the best to show up buddies on the trail as you have mentioned a few times now. I agree with the others that if you do get it too be careful. To me, it's not the extra 44 lbs but instead the power and speed which includes right off the line.......a slip of the thumb.....I am def not questioning your riding ability...no way....I wish I got to ride as much as you! I just think that it is a case of keeping up with the Jones......and not a case of what is needed or will even be used ESPECIALLY on any trail at all.

I will bet a large amount of money that you would never grow out of quad 500cc-700cc trail riding and again that has NOTHING to do with you or your experience and everything to do with what trails throw at you and the fairly low speeds in which we all have to travel or risk having a 600lb machine, no matter what the cc's are, falling on us.

Old 12-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't realize the P360 weighed so much. Do you like the BF 650's power? If it seems like enough for you then go with the king quad but if you feel you'd like more then go for the Bombardier 800, if you could handle the 600lb Prairie then you can probably handle the others.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I did not know the P360 weighed 605 Lbs either (until it landed on me and I looked it up) but here is the proof. Actually it is 604 Lbs sorry I was off a pound. Click proof and it will take you to the specs for the 2005 4x4 360 Prarie. I do like the power of the BF650 but I want something w/ IRS which the BF lacks. That pretty much leaves the Outlander 800, KQ, Grizzly, or Ricon?

Old 12-17-2005, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

ohhh or the BF750 which is not of interest.

Old 12-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

The 2006 BF 650 has IRS, but I'd expect you to want something different. The KQ has more power than the BF 650 so you could save a lot of money by getting the KQ over the Outty 800 since you said you liked the 650's power, you probably wouldn't need the Outty's. I wouldn't recommend the Grizz or Rincon they don't have EFI and aren't as good a value as the KQ. EFI is a huge plus in the winter time, starts very easily and warms up immediately unlike a carbed machine.

Just for your info I've heard the KQ's hp rating is ~48hp at the crank and the Outty's is 62hp at the crank so it's up to you on how much more $ 14hp is worth.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hmmmm. Interesting. At first I thought you were nuts because my fiance has said all along that his 06 BF650 is SRA. I just pulled up the dealer website to verify your info and you are right it clearly says on their website which I have printed out that the 06 BF has IRS. I asked him for the keys to the trailer so I could go see for myself and he assured me he had SRA. We then pulled out his title which says it is a 06 BF650. If it really is SRA I think our dealer is gonna be getting an ear full. Thanks. We will be riding tomorrow so I will verify for myself. I'll keep ya updated. Maybe I'll be gettin my new quad for free. Fingers crossed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

K. We just realized that apparently the BF 650 comes in a IRS model and a SRA model for 06. He has the SRA. Thanks for the info though. I was not aware IRS was offered on the BF650. Now I have another option to make my decision even harder. Thanks alot. LOL.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I own a BF and I would buy a KQ or a Outty anytime over the brute My brother got the KQ and it makes me sick every day that I got the BF and he got the KING his is faster than mine, also when we raced on dry blacktop I could pull him out of the hole and then he would pass me at about 20 mph and from that point up he could pull me very slowly all the way to 72 mph on his KING and 71 on my Brute Farse I then put a cdi on my BF and could beat him to 71 mph by 1 bike lenght Then I put 26 inch ITP mud lites on my BF and he can beat me from 10 mph up and he beats me very bad I lost 6 mph on the top with the new tires I would realy look at the KING its a great quad He also has the twin air filter on his and no dirt at all in the motor and runs flawless But the Outty is a great machine also but I dont have the info you are looking for on it I have only riddin on for about 1 hr and its very lazyboyish (smooooth) and faster than the KQ im shure but not as stable IMHO you should ride a KING first before you count it out GOOD LUCK

Old 12-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider

Ty 4fifty,
I think I will. I keep swaying back and forth between the Outty and the KQ. We will see.

Quick Reply: King Quad upgrades??????????