Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

King Quad lag???

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Quad lag???

I bought a power commander last week and had the dealer install it! I still have the lag off the line! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I am 6'4" and weigh 360 plus! I need all the help I can get to get the bike up to speed! And yes the bike has lag with a much smaller person on it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The dealer said they had not had any of the problems that are all over this board! Then why the recalls![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] They are a new Suzuki dealer so I will take that as an answer for why they said they have not seen any of the problems! They were super about everything else that I needed! Since they were not the dealer that I bought the bike from and they gout me in in two days to do the recall on the tie rods! After waiting on the dealer that I bought it at for five weeks! "Bunch of jerks". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Any suggestion on the lag would be greatful!
Any other mod suggestions and I would also be greatful!
Thanks !

Old 12-13-2005, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!
Default King Quad lag???

Yoshimura CDI box, it is the ignition, not the fuel mapping that causes the lag. Suzuki retarded the ignition significantly from 0-9 mph for legal purposes, they didn't want any lawsuits from inexperienced riders looping out on this quad.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default King Quad lag???

not to be an a$$, but youre definately a big guy. i would recomend a clutch kit (epi), and a good air filter. that should help with the lagging issue. i think the clutch kit costs about 90$. and filters are relatively cheap. i hope this helps.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad lag???

Man that is not the news that i was wanting to hear! Did somebody say the truth hurts! These dealers in my area are only worried about what they can sell you now! Not what is the best or what you might need to wait on! What they have or can get in a couple of days is the best thing (according to them)! I asked them if the Yoshi box would be a better choice and the reply was "they were the same boxes". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Thanks for the reply! Any other add ons you would suggest!

Old 12-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad lag???

I hear that the clutch kit will cost you top speed! Again from my dealer![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Yes I know that 6'4" 360 # is a big guy but that has nothing to do with the bike having lag with my 200# friends riding it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll never be called tiny![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Thanks !

Old 12-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a Full 730 Race Build!
Default King Quad lag???

I spoke with the folks at EPI about their clutch kits and they claim there is no top speed loss with thier stock tire clutch kit. Not sure about the oversize kit though, if any top speed loss at all it would probably be due to the heavier tires.

Old 12-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad lag???

I figured that I might have a little loss from the larger tires but the pros overcame the cons! Man I am grad I went with the XTR's! I would give up 20 MPH for the increase in ride and rideability! Thanks!

Old 12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default King Quad lag???

I read so many post about "losing" top end with a clutch kit. What is the point if it is going to take an hour to get to the top speed, a clutch kit will help get to the top a hole lot faster without much topend loss. For me I want as much lowend grunt I can get. Around here 60-70 mph is not possible on the trails, way to many whoops and rocks!

Old 12-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad lag???

"Man I am grad I went with the XTR's! I would give up 20 MPH for the increase in ride and rideability! Thanks!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glad you went with the MudLite XTR's over what tire?

Old 12-14-2005, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default King Quad lag???

Over a non radial! The stock tires ( in my opion were not very good)! I don't feel any of the tire bounce or side wall role that I felt on my friends 600 grizzly and his 660 grizzly when I rode them with standard ITP mud lites! I also rode a 400 Honda that had the big horn radial tires on it! The XTR's seem to have a better grip than the big horn! I cannot say about the ride of the others since they were not on the same machine!
As to reply to FatTireRacer! i didn't mean to ruffle your feathers! I am new to this and what is the use having a forum like this if you cannot ask a question! All I wanted to know was what to expect when i do the clutch kit! Or a good brand of kit, and if there were any trick anyone was willing to share! If I installed and lost 15 to 20 mph then i would have thought that was normal without asking a simple question! But thanks for voicing all your great ideas!

Quick Reply: King Quad lag???